Computation of a rotating flow past a permeable bed
- 25 Downloads
The rotating flow of a viscous incompressible fluid between two disks is studied when there is a porous layer on the lower disk. The motion relative to a rotating frame is caused by a differential rotation of the disks. Generalised Darcy's law represents the flow. The numerical solution is obtained using a shooting method.
KeywordsMathematical Method Porous Layer Incompressible Fluid Differential Rotation Shoot Method
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- M. J. Lighthill, Dynamics of rotating fluids: a survey. J. Fluid Mech.26, 411–431 (1966).Google Scholar
- H. P. Greenspan, The Theory of Rotating Fluids. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge (1969).Google Scholar
- L. N. Howard, D. W. Moore, E. A. Spiegel, Solar spin-down problem. Nature,214, 1297–1299 (1967).Google Scholar
- K. Yamamoto and N. Iwamura, Flow with convective acceleration through a porous medium. J. Engng. Math.10, 41–54 (1976).Google Scholar
- S. M. Roberts and J. S. Shipman, Two point boundary value problems, New York 1972.Google Scholar