Chemiluminescence of polyethylene induced by UV irradiation
- 41 Downloads
The chemiluminescence (CL) of polyethylene (PE) film induced by UV irradiation was investigated. CL parameter, I0, which indicates the oxidation rate under UV irradiation was obtained from a kinetic analysis. The I0 was found to be valuable to evaluate the durability of PE films.
KeywordsOxidation Polymer Polyethylene Oxidation Rate Kinetic Analysis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S. Hosoda and H. Kihara, ANTEC' 88, 941 (1988)Google Scholar
- 2.H. Kihara and S. Hosoda, Polym. J.,22, 763 (1990)Google Scholar
- 3.A. Garton, D. J. Carlsson, D. M. Wiles, “Developments in polymer Photochemistry, 1”, N. S. Allen, Ed., Applied Science, London 1980Google Scholar
- 4.A. Torikai, H. Shirakawa, S. Nagaya, and K. Fueki, J. Appl. Polym. Sci.,40, 1637 (1990)Google Scholar
- 5.G. A. George, “Developments in Polymer Degradation and Stabilization of Polymers”, Ed. H. H. G. Jellinek, Vol. 1, Chapt. 1, Elsevier Amsterdam 1983Google Scholar
- 6.Z. Osawa, F. Konomma, S. Wu, and J. Cen, Polym. Photochem.,7, 337 (1986)Google Scholar
- 7.J. Cen, F. Konoma, and Z. Osawa, Polym. Photochem.7, 467 (1986)Google Scholar