The heterodiene synthesis
- 40 Downloads
The reaction of benzamidine with aromatic aldehydes gives 2-aryl-4, 6-diphenyl-1, 2-dihydro-sym-triazines. These compounds react as heterodienes with acetylenedicarboxylic ester. In this process, the triazine ring is cleaved with the splitting out of the imine of an aromatic aldehyde, and the ester of 2,4-diphenyl-5,6-pyrimidinedicarboxylic is formed.
KeywordsEster Organic Chemistry Aldehyde Triazine Aromatic Aldehyde
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. Pinner, Ber.,22, 1610, 1889.Google Scholar
- 2.A. Pinner, Ber.,23, 2923, 1890.Google Scholar
- 3.F. Kunckell and R. Bauer, Ber.,34, 3029, 1901.Google Scholar
- 4.V. M. Cherkasov, N. A. Karpran, and V. N. Zavatskii, Ukr. khim. zh. [Soviet Progress in Chemistry],35, 1969.Google Scholar
- 5.F. W. Swamer, G. A. Reynolds, and Ch. R. Hauser, J. Org. Chem.,16, 43, 1951.Google Scholar