Four-wavelength DBR laser array with waveguide couplers fabricated using selective MOVPE growth
- 36 Downloads
We have developed an integrated multiwavelength laser with waveguide couplers using a novel selective metal-organic vapor-phase epitaxy (MOVPE) technique. The lasing wavelength was controlled by modulating the effective refractive index of distributed Bragg reflector (DBR) waveguides. Array lasing wavelengths were distributed from 1548.0 to 1553.5 nm with an average spacing of 1.8 nm. The propagation loss of the waveguide coupler was about 16 dB for inner ports and 20 dB for outer ports with a 6 dB splitting loss. Four-wavelength laser outputs were coupled into a single-mode fibre.
KeywordsRefractive Index Coupler Average Spacing Lasing Wavelength Propagation Loss
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M. Nakao, M. Fukuda, K. Sato, Y. Kondo, T. Nishida andT. Tamamura,Technical Digest IOOC'89, vol. 4 (1989) p.98.Google Scholar
- 2.C. E. Zah, F. J. Favire, B. Pathak et al.,Electron. Lett. 28 (1992) 2361.Google Scholar
- 3.H. Okuda, Y. Hirayama, H. Furuyama, J. Kinoshita andM. Nakamura,IEEE J. Quantum Electron. QE-23 (1987) 843.Google Scholar
- 4.Y. D. Galeuchet andP. Roentgen,J. Crystal Growth 107 (1991) 147.Google Scholar
- 5.M. Aoki, M. Suzuki, H. Sano et al.,IEEE J. Quantum Electron. QE-29 (1993) 2088.Google Scholar
- 6.T. Sasaki andI. Mito,Technical Digest, IOOC '93, vol. 4 (1993) p. 211.Google Scholar
- 7.Y. Katoh, T. Kunii, Y. Mastsui, H. Wada, T. Kamijoh andY. Kawai,Electron. Lett. 29 (1993) 2195.Google Scholar
- 8.T. Itagaki, T. Kimura, K. Goto, Y. Mihashi, S. Takamiya andS. Mitsui,J. Crystal Growth 145 (1994) 256.Google Scholar