Appearance of flaws in layers of AlxGa1−xSb solid solutions during epitaxial growth from the liquid phase
- 12 Downloads
Layers of AlxGa1−xSb (x≤0.7) solid solutions were grown epitaxially from the liquid phase on substrates of gallium antimonide. Aluminum was added to the melt during the buildup of an epitaxial layer. In these layers were found inclusions of the solvent as well as regions of localized chemical inhomogeneities. It is shown here that the appearance of such flaws is intimately related to the relief which the GaSb substrate has formed by the time aluminum enters into the solution. A mechanism of this flaw formation is suggested.
KeywordsAluminum Solid Solution Liquid Phase Gallium GaSb
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. M. Andreev, L. M. Dolginov, and D. N. Tret'yakov, Epitaxial Growth from the Liquid Phase in the Technology of Semiconductor Devices [in Russian], Sovet-skoe Radio, Moscow (1975).Google Scholar
- 2.L. M. Dolginov, L. V. Druzhinina, M. G. Mil'vidskii, L. M. Morgulis, E. G. Shevchenko, and T. A. Yugova, Abstracts of Papers, Fourth Symp. on Growth and Synthesis of Semiconductor Crystals and Films [in Russian], Novosibirsk (1975), p. 159.Google Scholar
- 3.A. A. Vilisov, A. P. Vyatkin, V. P. Germogenov, and L. E. Épiktetova, Abstracts of Papers, Fourth Symp. on Growth and Synthesis of Semiconductor Crystals and Films [in Russian], Novosibirsk (1975), p. 71.Google Scholar
- 4.A. A. Vilisov, A. P. Vyatkin, and V. P. Germogenov, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Neorg. Mater, (in print).Google Scholar
- 5.G. A. Antypas, J. Electrochem. Soc.,117, 1393 (1970).Google Scholar
- 6.H. Nagai, J. Appl. Phys.,45, 3789 (1974).Google Scholar
- 7.R. H. Saul, J. Appl. Phys.,40, 3273 (1969).Google Scholar
- 8.V. P. Germogenov, Reports to the Jubilee Scientific-Engineering Confer. of the Radiophysics Department, Tomsk State Univ. [in Russian], Part 1, Izd. TGU, Tomsk (1973), p. 73.Google Scholar
- 9.H. S. Carslaw and J. C. Jaeger, Conduction of Heat in Solids, Oxford Univ. Press (1959).Google Scholar
- 10.Yu. M. Kozlov, in: Semiconductor Physics [in Russian], Novosibirsk (1968), p. 91.Google Scholar
- 11.U. M. Kulish and Yu. V. Suslyakov, in: Studying the Properties of Semiconductor Films and the Methods of Data Evaluation [in Russian], Élista (1972), p. 22.Google Scholar