On the structure of gauge invariant classical observables in lattice gauge theories
- 47 Downloads
For a lattice gauge theory a necessary and sufficient condition on the gauge group is stated, which assures that the linear span of products of Wilson loop observables is dense in the space of continuous, gauge invariant functions on the configuration space. Some groups which fulfill this condition are exhibited, among themU(N) andSU(N),N=1, 2, 3, ... Finally we prove that generically it is fulfilled for all connected, compact Lie groups.
KeywordsStatistical Physic Assure Gauge Theory Gauge Group Group Theory
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.PolyakovA.M.,Phys. Letters 82B, 247 (1979).Google Scholar
- 2.Polyakov, A.M., to appear inNucl. Phys. Google Scholar
- 3.Fröhlich, J., Lecture presented at the ‘Colloquium on Random Fields’, Esztergom, Hungary, 1979.Google Scholar
- 5.SahChih-Han,J. Algebra 10, 47 (1968).Google Scholar
- 6.Helgason, S.,Differential Geometry, Lie Groups and Symmetric Spaces, Academic Press, 1978.Google Scholar
- 7.Ambjørn, J., Felsager, B., and Olesen, P., ‘Kinematics of Periodic Structures inSU(N) Gauge Theories’, Preprint, The Niels Bohr Institute, 1980. To appear inNucl. Phys. Google Scholar