Determination of random field characteristics in strongly doped semiconductors by the photoemission method
- 12 Downloads
Study of the external photoeffect permits investigation of the state density near the bottom of the conduction band in a strongly doped semiconductor with negative effective affinity. Consideration of the effect of the random impurity field in the highly doped semiconductor leads to broadening of the energy distribution curve of emitted electrons. The possibility of determining mean-square fluctuation of electron potential energy from photoemission data is demonstrated. Results are compared with experiment.
KeywordsPotential Energy Conduction Band Energy Distribution Random Field Distribution Curve
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.R. L. Bell and W. E. Spicer, Proc. IEEE,58, 1788 (1970).Google Scholar
- 2.K. L. Ashley, D. L. Carr, and R. Romano-Moran, Appl. Phys. Lett.,22, 23 (1973).Google Scholar
- 3.M. Ettenberg, H. Kressel, and S. L. Gilbert, J. Appl. Phys.,44, 827 (1973).Google Scholar
- 4.H. G. Gasey, B. I. Miller, and E. Pinkos, J. Appl. Phys.,44, 1281 (1973).Google Scholar
- 5.M. Ya. Yushina, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Fiz.,38, 363 (1974).Google Scholar
- 6.L. W. James and J. L. Moll, Phys. Rev.,183, 740 (1969).Google Scholar
- 7.V. L. Bonch-Bruevich, in: Statistical Physics and Quantum Field Theory, (edited by N. N. Bogolyubov) [in Russian], Moscow (1973).Google Scholar