Social support interventions and the third law of ecology
- 56 Downloads
KeywordsSocial Support Social Psychology Health Psychology Support Intervention Social Support Intervention
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Barrera, M., Jr. (1986). Distinctions between social support concepts, measures, and models.American Journal of Community Psychology, 14, 413–445.Google Scholar
- Commoner, B. (1968).The closing circle. New York: Basic Books.Google Scholar
- Gottlieb, B. H. (1988). Marshaling social support: The state of the art in research and practice. In B. H. Gottlieb (Ed.),Marshaling social support: Formats, processes, and effects (pp. 11–51). Newbury Park, CA: Sage.Google Scholar
- Heller, K., & Monahan, J. (1977).Psychology and community change. Homewood, IL: Dorsey.Google Scholar
- Heller, L., Thompson, M. G., Trueba, P. E., Hogg, J. R., and Vlachos-Weber, I. (1991). Peer support telephone dyads for elderly women: Was this the wrong intervention?American Journal of Community Psychology, 19, 53–74.Google Scholar
- Reis, H. (1990). The role of intimacy in interpersonal relations.Journal of Social and Clinical Psychology, 9, 15–30.Google Scholar
- Reissman, F. (1976). How does self-help work?Social Policy, 7, 41–45.Google Scholar
- Vaux, A. (1989).Social support: Theory, research, and intervention. New York: Praeger.Google Scholar
- Weiss, R. S. (1973). Material for a theory of social relationships. In W. Bennis, D. Berlow, E. Schein, & F. Steele (Eds.),Interpersonal dynamics (pp. 103–110). Homewood, IL: Dorsey.Google Scholar
- Wellman, B., Craven, P., Whitaker, M., Stevens, H., Shorter, A., Du Toit, S., & Bakker, H. (1973). Community ties and support systems: From intimacy to support. In L. S. Bourne, R. D. MacKinnon, & J. W. Simmons (Eds.),The form of cities in central Canada: Selected papers (pp. 152–167). Toronto: University of Toronto Press.Google Scholar
© Plenum Publishing Corporation 1991