Minimal trajectories of nonconvex differential inclusions
- 52 Downloads
We consider an optimization problem with endpoint constraints associated with a nonconvex differential inclusion. We give a necessary condition of the maximum principle type for a solution of the problem. Following the approach from Ref. 1, the condition is stated in terms of single-valued selections of the convexified right-hand side of the inclusion.
Key WordsOptimal control nonconvex differential inclusions endpoint constraints maximum principle
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Kaskosz, B., andŁojasiewicz, S.,A Maximum Principle for Generalized Control Systems, Nonlinear Analysis, Theory, Methods, and Applications, Vol. 9, pp. 109–130, 1985.Google Scholar
- 2.Rockafellar, R. T.,Existence and Duality Theorems for Convex Problems of Bolza, Transactions of the American Mathematical Society, Vol. 159, pp. 1–40, 1971.Google Scholar
- 3.Clarke, F. H.,Optimization and Nonsmooth Analysis, Wiley Interscience, New York, New York, 1983.Google Scholar
- 4.Clarke, F. H., andLoewen, P. D.,The Value Function in Optimal Control: Sensitivity, Controllability, and Time Optimality, SIAM Journal on Control and Optimization, Vol. 24, pp. 243–263, 1986.Google Scholar
- 5.Frankowska, H.,The Maximum Principle for an Optimal Solution to a Differential Inclusion with Endpoint Constraints, SIAM Journal on Control and Optimization, Vol. 25, pp. 145–157, 1987.Google Scholar
- 6.Aubin, J. P., andEkeland, I.,Applied Nonlinear Analysis, Wiley-Interscience, New York, New York, 1984.Google Scholar
- 7.Dubovickii, A. I., andMiljutin, A. M.,Extremum Problems with Constraints, Soviet Mathematics, Vol. 4, pp. 452–455, 1963.Google Scholar
- 8.Kaskosz, B., andŁojasiewicz, S.,On a Nonconvex, Nonsmooth Control System, Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, Vol. 136, pp. 39–53, 1988.Google Scholar
- 9.Ekeland, I.,On the Variational Principle, Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, Vol. 47, pp. 324–353, 1974.Google Scholar
- 10.Rockafellar, R. T.,Convex Analysis, Princeton University Press, Princeton, New Jersey, 1970.Google Scholar