Method for minimizing a convex-concave function over a convex set
- 248 Downloads
A branch-and-bound method is proposed for minimizing a convex-concave function over a convex set. The minimization of a DC-function is a special case, where the subproblems connected with the bounding operation can be solved effectively.
Key WordsGlobal optimization branch-and-bound methods convex-concave functions DC-problems
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Muu, L. D., andOettli, W.,An Algorithm for Indefinite Quadratic. Programming with Convex Constraints, Operations Research Letters, Vol. 10, 1991 (in press).Google Scholar
- 2.Hiriart-Urruty, J.-B.,Generalized Differentiability, Duality, and Optimization for Problems Dealing with Differences of Convex Functions, Convexity and Duality in Optimization, Edited by J. Ponstein, Springer-Verlag, Berlin, Germany, pp. 37–69, 1986.Google Scholar
- 3.Tuy, H.,Global Minimization of a Difference of Two Convex Functions, Mathematical Programming Study, Vol. 30, pp. 150–182, 1987.Google Scholar
- 4.Pardalos, P. M., andRosen, J. B.,Constrained Global Optimization: Algorithms and Applications, Springer-Verlag, Berlin, Germany, 1987.Google Scholar
- 5.Rosen, J. B., andPardalos, P. M.,Global Minimization of Large-Scale Constrained Concave Quadratic Problems by Separable Programming, Mathematical Programming, Vol. 34, pp. 163–174, 1986.Google Scholar
- 6.Benson, H. P.,On the Convergence of Two Branch-and-Bound Algorithms for Nonconvex Programming Problems, Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications, Vol. 36, pp. 129–134, 1982.Google Scholar
- 7.Horst, R.,Deterministic Global Optimization with Partition Sets Whose Feasibility is Not Known: Application to Concave Minimization, Reverse Convex Constraints, DC-Programming, and Lipschitzian Optimization, Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications, Vol. 58, pp. 11–37, 1988.Google Scholar
- 8.Horst, R., andTuy, H.,On the Convergence of Global Methods in Multiextremal Optimization, Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications, Vol. 54, pp. 253–271, 1987.Google Scholar