Synthesis of fixed-order compensators
- 52 Downloads
In classical design, a low-order compensator is applied to a given plant. In this paper, we present an algebric construction of low (or fixed)-order compensators. Using the theory of root clustering, we achieve the following design requirements: closed-loop relative stability, relative stable compensators, and compensator's zero inclusion. In addition, we present a general robust analysis for real parameters. To reduce the computational difficulties, we suggest the use of low-order compensators.
Key WordsReduced-order compensators root clustering relative stability robust stability
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Levine, W. S., andAthans, M.,On the Determination of the Optimal Constant Output Feedback Gains for Linear Multivariable Systems, IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, Vol. AC-15, pp. 44–48, 1970.Google Scholar
- 2.Basuthakur, S., andKnapp, C. H.,Optimal Constant Controllers for Stochastic Linear Systems, IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, Vol. AC-20, pp. 664–666, 1975.Google Scholar
- 3.Kabamba, P. T., andLongman, R. W.,An Integrated Approach to Reduced-Order Control Theory, Optimal Control Applications and Methods, Vol. 4, pp. 405–415, 1983.Google Scholar
- 4.Hyland, D. C., andBernstein, D. S.,The Optimal Projection Equations for Fixed-Order Dynamic Compensation, IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, Vol. AC-29, pp. 1034–1037, 1984.Google Scholar
- 5.Mazko, A. G.,Generalization of Lyapnov's Theorem for the Class of Regions Bounded by Algebraic Curves, Soviet Automatic Control, pp. 93–96, 1982.Google Scholar
- 6.Chojnowski, F., andGutman, S.,Root Clustering Criteria, II: Linear Matrix Equations, IMA Journal of Mathematics, Control, and Informatics, Vol. 6, pp. 289–300, 1989.Google Scholar
- 7.Athans, M., andSchweppe, F. C.,Gradient Matrices and Matrix Calculations, Technical Note No. 1965-53, Lincoln Laboratory, MIT, 1965.Google Scholar
- 8.Kabamba, P. T., andLongman, R. W.,Exact Pole Assignment Using Direct or Dynamic Output Feedback, IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, Vol. AC-27, pp. 1244–1246, 1982.Google Scholar
- 9.Gutman, S., andChojnowski, F.,Fixed and Minimal Order Compensators (to appear).Google Scholar
- 10.Garcia, C. B., andZangwill, W. I.,Global Continuation Methods for Finding all Solutions to Polynomial Systems of Equations in n Variables, External Methods and System Analysis, Springer-Verlag, Berlin, Germany, pp. 481–497, 1980.Google Scholar
- 11.Richter, S. L., andCollins, E. G.,A Homotopy Algorithm for Reduced-Order Controller Design Using the Optimal Projection Equations, Proceedings of the 28th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, Tampa, Florida, pp. 506–512, 1989.Google Scholar