On the control and guidance of the motion of an immersed body: Some problems in stochastic control
- 47 Downloads
In this work, the following problem is considered. A rigid body is moving immersed in a fluid of infinite depth. Its goal is to hit another body which floats on the surface of the fluid. Using stochastic control methods, a sequence of subproblems concerning the guidance and control of the immersed rigid body are dealt with.
Key WordsStochastic optimal control guidance immersed rigid bodies
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Lamb, H.,Hydrodynamics, 6th Edition, Dover Publications, New York, New York, 1945.Google Scholar
- 2.Stroock, D. W., andVaradhan, S. R. S.,Multidimensional Diffusion Processes, Springer-Verlag, Berlin, Germany, 1979.Google Scholar
- 3.Yavin, Y.,Stochastic Two-Target Pursuit-Evasion Differential Games in the Plane, Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications, Vol. 56, pp. 325–343, 1988.Google Scholar
- 4.Moritz, K., Polis, R., andWell, K. H.,Pursuit-Evasion in Medium Range Air-Combat Scenarios, Computers and Mathematics with Applications, Vol. 13, pp. 167–180, 1987.Google Scholar
- 5.Yavin, Y., andDe Villiers, R.,Avoiding Being Tracked by a Rotating Camera: A Stochastic Control Problem, Mathematical Modelling, Vol. 9, pp. 37–49, 1987.Google Scholar