On constraint qualifications
- 166 Downloads
The linear independence constraint qualification (LICQ) and the weaker Mangasarian-Fromovitz constraint qualification (MFCQ) are well-known concepts in nonlinear optimization. A theorem is proved suggesting that the set of feasible points for which MFCQ essentially differs from LICQ is small in a specified sense. As an auxiliary result, it is shown that, under MFCQ, the constraint set (even in semi-infinite optimization) is locally representable in epigraph form.
Key WordsNonlinear optimization constraint qualifications representation of constraint sets semi-infinite optimization
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Guddat, J., andJongen, H. T.,On Global Optimization Based on Parametric Optimization, Advances in Mathematical Optimization, Edited by J. Guddatet al., Akademie-Verlag, Berlin, Germany, Vol. 45, pp. 63–79, 1988.Google Scholar
- 2.Gauvin, J., andTolle, J. W.,Differential Stability in Nonlinear Programming, SIAM Journal on Control and Optimization, Vol. 15, pp. 294–311, 1977.Google Scholar
- 3.Kojima, M.,Strongly Stable Stationary Solutions in Nonlinear Programs, Analysis and Computation of Fixed Points, Edited by S. M. Robinson, Academic Press, New York, New York, pp. 93–138, 1980.Google Scholar
- 4.Guddat, J., Jongen, H. T., andRueckmann, J.,On Stability and Stationary Points in Nonlinear Optimization, Journal of the Australian Mathematical Society, Series B, Vol. 28, pp. 36–56, 1986.Google Scholar
- 5.Schecter, S.,Structure of the First-Order Solution Set for a Class of Nonlinear Programs with Parameters, Mathematical Programming, Vol. 34, pp. 84–110, 1986.Google Scholar
- 6.Jongen, H. T., Jonker, P., andTwilt, F.,Parametric Optimization: The Kuhn-Tucker Set, Parametric Optimization and Related Topics, Edited by J. Guddatet al., Akademie-Verlag, Berlin, Germany, Vol. 35, pp. 196–208, 1987.Google Scholar
- 7.Jongen, H. T., Twilt, F., andWeber, G. W.,Semi-Infinite Optimization: Structure and Stability of the Feasible Set, Memorandum No. 838, University of Twente, Twente, Holland, 1989.Google Scholar
- 8.Clarke, F. H.,Optimization and Nonsmooth Analysis, Wiley, New York, New York, 1983.Google Scholar
- 9.Gauvin, J.,A Necessary and Sufficient Regularity Condition to Have Bounded Multipliers in Nonconvex Programming, Mathematical Programming, Vol. 12, pp. 136–138, 1977.Google Scholar
- 10.Henrion, R.,Structural Analysis for the Parametric Subproblem in Semi-Infinite Optimization, Doctoral Thesis, Humboldt University of Berlin, Berlin, Germany, 1989.Google Scholar
- 11.Jongen, H. T., Jonker, P., andTwilt, F.,Nonlinear Optimization in R n,Vol. 1, Peter Lang Verlag, Frankfurt am Main, Germany, 1983.Google Scholar