Feedback control in LQCP with a terminal inequality constraint
This paper considers the linear-quadratic control problem (LQCP) for systems defined by evolution operators with a terminal state inequality constraint. It is shown that, under suitable assumptions, the optimal control exists, is unique, and has a closed-loop structure. The synthesis of the feedback control requires one to solve the integral Riccati equation for the unconstrainted LQCP and a linear integral equation whose solution depends on a real parameter satisfying an additional condition.
Key WordsLinear-quadratic control infinite-dimensional systems state constraints feedback control
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Curtain, R. F., andPritchard, A. J.,The Infinite-Dimensional Riccati Equation for Systems Defined by Evolution Operators, SIAM Journal on Control and Optimization, Vol. 14, No. 5, pp. 951–983, 1976.Google Scholar
- 2.Curtain, R. F., andPritchard, A. J.,Infinite-Dimensional Linear Systems Theory, Springer-Verlag, Berlin, Germany, 1978.Google Scholar
- 3.Gibson, J. S.,The Riccati Integral Equations for Optimal Control Problems on Hilbert Spaces, SIAM Journal on Control and Optimization, Vol. 17, No. 4, pp. 537–565, 1979.Google Scholar
- 4.Curtain, R. F.,Linear-Quadratic Control Problem with Fixed Endpoints in Infinite Dimensions, Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications, Vol. 44, No. 1, pp. 55–74, 1984.Google Scholar
- 5.Emirsajlow, Z.,Linear-Quadratic Control Problem with Terminal State Constraints, Systems Analysis, Modelling, and Simulation, Vol. 4, No. 3, pp. 227–240, 1987.Google Scholar
- 6.Kobayashi, T.,Some Remarks on Controllability for Distributed-Parameter Systems, SIAM Journal on Control and Optimization, Vol. 16, No. 5, pp. 733–742, 1978.Google Scholar
- 7.Lions, J. L.,Optimal Control of Systems Governed by Partial Differential Equations, Springer-Verlag, Berlin, Germany, 1972.Google Scholar