Generalized B-vex functions and generalized B-vex programming
- 151 Downloads
A class of functions called pseudo B-vex and quasi B-vex functions is introduced by relaxing the definitions of B-vex, pseudoconvex, and quasiconvex functions. Similarly, the class of B-invex, pseudo B-invex, and quasi B-invex functions is defined as a generalization of B-vex, pseudo B-vex, and quasi B-vex functions. The sufficient optimality conditions and duality results are obtained for a nonlinear programming problem involving B-vex and B-invex functions.
Key WordsConvex functions B-vex functions invex functions pre-invex functions pseudoconvex functions quasiconvex functions
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Bector, C. R., andSingh, C.,B-Vex Functions, Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications, Vol. 71, pp. 237–253, 1991.Google Scholar
- 2.Bector, C. R.,Mathematical Analysis of Some Nonlinear Programming Problems, PhD Thesis, Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur, India, 1968.Google Scholar
- 3.Castagnoli, E., andMazzoleni, P.,About Derivatives of Some Generalized Concave Functions, Journal of Information and Optimization Sciences, Vol. 10, pp. 53–65, 1989.Google Scholar
- 4.Hanson, M. A.,On Sufficiency of Kuhn-Tucker Conditions, Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, Vol. 80, pp. 545–550, 1981.Google Scholar
- 5.Kaul, R. N., andKaur, S.,Optimality Criteria in Nonlinear Programming Involving Nonconvex Functions, Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, Vol. 105, pp. 104–112, 1985.Google Scholar
- 6.Mond, B., andWeir, T.,Generalized Concavity and Duality, Generalized Concavity in Optimization and Economics, Edited by S. Schaible and W. T. Ziemba, Academic Press, New York, New York, pp. 263–279, 1981.Google Scholar
- 7.Mangasarian, O. L.,Nonlinear Programming, McGraw-Hill, New York, New York, 1969.Google Scholar
- 8.Mond, B., andWeir, T.,Preinvex Functions in Multiple Objective Optimization, Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, Vol. 136, pp. 28–38, 1988.Google Scholar