On specific optimal control of systems with different information sets
- 37 Downloads
The problem of reduced-order, observer-based control of systems with controllers having different information about the system is considered. The set of necessary conditions for optimality is obtained, and then the breakdown of the separation principle is demonstrated. The necessary conditions are simplified, and it is shown that a suboptimal control law based on separation can be obtained to satisfy the necessary conditions.
Key WordsDecentralized control observers specific optimal control suboptimal control large-scale systems decentralized observers
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Sandell, N. R., Varaiya, P., Athans, M., andSafonov, M. G.,Survey of Decentralized Control Methods for Large-Scale Systems, IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, Vol. AC-23, pp. 108–128, 1978.Google Scholar
- 2.Siljak, D. D.,Large-Scale Dynamic Systems, Elsevier North-Holland, New York, New York, 1978.Google Scholar
- 3.Jamshidi, M.,Large-Scale Systems: Modelling and Control, Elsevier North-Holland, New York, New York, 1978.Google Scholar
- 4.Mahmood, M. S., Hassan, M. F., andDarwish, M. G.,Large-Scale Control Systems, Marcel Dekker, New York, New York, 1985.Google Scholar
- 5.Leondes, C. T., Editor,Control and Dynamic Systems, Vol. 23, Academic Press, New York, New York, 1986.Google Scholar
- 6.Chong, C. Y., andAthans, M.,On the Stochastic Control of Linear Systems with Different Information Sets, IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, Vol. AC-16, pp. 423–430, 1971.Google Scholar
- 7.Luenberger, D. G.,Observing the State of a Linear System, IEEE Transactions on Military Electronics, Vol. MIL-8, pp. 74–80, 1964.Google Scholar
- 8.Athans, M.,The Matrix Minimum Principle, Information and Control, Vol. 11, pp. 592–606, 1967.Google Scholar
- 9.Miller, R. A.,Specific Optimal Control of the Linear Regulator Using a Minimal Order Observer, International Journal of Control, Vol. 18, pp. 139–159, 1973.Google Scholar
- 10.Shahian, B.,Decentralized Control and Estimation Using Observers, University of California, Los Angeles, PhD Dissertation, 1981.Google Scholar