Optimal long-term operation of a multireservoir power system for critical water conditions
- 43 Downloads
We present in this paper a new method for solving the optimization problem of a variable head multireservoir power system under a critical water condition for long-term regulation. The problem is formulated as a minimum norm problem. The proposed method is efficient in computing time and in calculating the expected benefits from the system during the critical period. Numerical results are presented for a real system in operation consisting of two rivers; each river has two reservoirs connected in a series.
Key WordsOptimal release policy critical water condition minimum norm problem parallel reservoirs
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Arvanitidis, N. V., andRosing, J.,Composite Representation of a Multireservoir Hydroelectric Power System, IEEE Transactions on Power and Systems, Vol. PAS-89, pp. 319–326, 1970.Google Scholar
- 2.Arvanitidis, N. V., andRosing, J.,Optimal Operation of Multireservoir Systems Using a Composite Representation, IEEE Transactions on Power and Systems, Vol. PAS-89, pp. 327–335, 1970.Google Scholar
- 3.Turgeon, A.,Optimal Operation of Multireservoir Power Systems with Stochastic Inflows, Water Resources Research, Vol. 16, pp. 275–283, 1980.Google Scholar
- 4.Turgeon, A.,A Decomposition Method for the Long-Term Scheduling of Reservoirs in Series, Water Resources Research, Vol. 17, pp. 1565–1570, 1981.Google Scholar
- 5.Peschon, J., et al.,Optimal Control of Reactive Power Flow, IEEE Transactions on Power and Systems, Vol. PAS-87, pp. 44–48, 1968.Google Scholar
- 6.Soliman, S. A., Christensen, G. S., andAbdel-Halim, M. A.,Optimal Operation of Multireservoir Power Systems Using Functional Analysis, Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications, Vol. 49, pp. 449–461, 1986.Google Scholar
- 7.Shamaly, A., et al.,Optimal Control of Large Turboalternator, Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications, Vol. 34, pp. 83–97, 1981.Google Scholar
- 8.Christensen, G. S., andSoliman, S. A.,Long Term Optimal Operation of a Parallel Multireservoir Power System Using Functional Analysis, Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications, Vol. 50, pp. 383–395, 1986.Google Scholar