On optimal periodic control and nested optimization problems
- 61 Downloads
A minimization problem for a functional on a convex subsetC of a normed linear space is considered. Under certain hypotheses, optimality in a certain subset ofC implies the validity of first-order necessary optimality conditions for the problem inC. The result is applied to a problem in optimal periodic control of neutral functional differential equations.
Key WordsOptimal periodic control first-order optimality conditions neutral functional differential equations
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Bittanti, S., Fronza, G., andGuarbadassi, G.,Periodic Control: A Frequency Domain Approach, IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, Vol. AC-18, pp. 33–38, 1973.Google Scholar
- 2.Bernstein, D. S., andGilbert, E. G.,Optimal Periodic Control: The II-Test Revisited, IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, Vol. AC-25, pp. 673–684, 1980.Google Scholar
- 3.Bernstein, D. S.,Control Constraints, Abnormality, and Improved Performance by Periodic Control, IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, Vol. AC-30, pp. 367–378, 1985.Google Scholar
- 4.Colonius, F.,Optimality for Periodic Control of Functional Differential Systems, Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications (to appear).Google Scholar
- 5.Lempio, F., andZowe, J.,Higher-Order Optimality Conditions, Modern Applied Mathematics, Edited by B. Korte, North-Holland Publishing Company, Amsterdam, Holland, pp. 147–193, 1982.Google Scholar
- 6.Hale, J.,Theory of Functional Differential Equations, Springer-Verlag, Berlin, Germany, 1977.Google Scholar
- 7.Salamon, D.,Observation and Control of Neutral Systems, Pitman, New York, New York, 1984.Google Scholar
- 8.Gilbert, E. G.,Optimal Periodic Control: A General Theory of Necessary Conditions, SIAM Journal on Control and Optimization, Vol. 15, pp. 717–746, 1977.Google Scholar