Optimality conditions in fractional programming
- 115 Downloads
Optimality conditions of Kuhn-Tucker and Fritz John, with and without differentiability requirements, are established for a nonlinear fractional programming problem. The transformation introduced by Manas and Schaible plays a key role.
Key WordsKuhn-Tucker conditions Fritz John conditions saddle points stationary points convexity differentiability
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Schaible, S.,Fractional Programming, 1, Duality, Management Science, Vol. 22, pp. 858–867, 1976.Google Scholar
- 2.Schaible, S.,Duality in Fractional Programming: A Unified Approach, Operations Research, Vol. 24, pp. 452–461, 1976.Google Scholar
- 3.Manas, M.,On Transformation of Quasi-Convex Programming Problems, Ekonomicko Matematicky Obzor, Vol. 4, pp. 93–99, 1968.Google Scholar
- 4.Uzawa, H.,The Kuhn-Tucker Theorem in Concave Programming, Studies in Linear and Nonlinear Programming, Edited by K. J. Arrow, L. Hurwicz, and H. Uzawa, Stanford University Press, Stanford, California, 1958.Google Scholar
- 5.Karlin, S.,Mathematical Methods and Theory in Games, Programming and Economics, Vols. 1, 2, Addison-Welsey Publishing Company, Reading, Massachusetts, 1959.Google Scholar
- 6.Kuhn, H. W., andTucker, A. W.,Nonlinear Programming, Proceedings of the Second Berkeley Symposium on Mathematical Statistics and Probability, Edited by J. Neyman, University of California Press, Berkeley, California, 1951.Google Scholar
- 7.John, F.,Extremum Problems with Inequalities as Subsidiary Conditions, Studies and Essays: Courant Anniversary Volume, Edited by K. O. Friedrichs, O. E. Neugebauer, and J. J. Stoker, John Wiley and Sons (Interscience Publishers), New York, New York, 1948.Google Scholar
- 8.Abadie, J.,On the Kuhn-Tucker Theorem, Nonlinear Programming, Edited by J. Abadie, North Holland Publishing Company, Amsterdam, Holland, 1976.Google Scholar
- 9.Mangasarian, O. L.,Nonlinear Programming, McGraw-Hill Book Company, New York, New York, 1969.Google Scholar