Some pathological configurations of noninferior set appearing in multicriteria optimization problems of chemical processes
- 39 Downloads
The noninferior set of multicriteria optimization problems may sometimes include some inactive subset in which a scalar-valued objective function of weighted-mean type cannot be minimal. It is shown that there exists such an inactive noninferior subset within the noninferior set of two multicriteria optimization problems concerning a cross-current multistage extraction process and a fluidized reactor-heater system.
Key WordsNoninferior set multicriteria optimization problems extraction processes fluidized reactors
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Aris, R., Rudd, D. F., andAmundson, N. R.,On Optimum Cross-Current Extraction, Chemical Engineering Science, Vol. 12, No. 2, 1960.Google Scholar
- 2.Lee, E. S.,Optimization by a Gradient Technique, Industrial and Engineering Chemistry Fundamentals, Vol. 3, No. 4, 1964.Google Scholar
- 3.Oi, K., Sayama, H., andTakamatsu, T.,Some Considerations of a Class of Multistage Allocation Problems, Journal of Chemical Engineering of Japan, Vol. 7, No. 4, 1974.Google Scholar
- 4.Oi, K., Sayama, H., andTakamatsu, T.,Multimodality Analysis of a Class of Multistage Allocation Problems, Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications, Vol. 25, No. 1, 1978.Google Scholar
- 5.Cohon, J. L.,Multiobjective Programming and Planning, Academic Press, New York, New York, 1978.Google Scholar
- 6.Wilde, D. J.,Minimum Cost Design of a Multimodal Fluidized Reactor-Heater System Involving an Exponential Function Inside an Integral Equation, AIChE Journal, Vol. 20, No. 5, 1974.Google Scholar
- 7.Wilde, D. J.,Global Minimization of a Cooled Reactor by Using a Posynomial Lower Bounding Function, AIChE Journal, Vol. 22, No. 4, 1976.Google Scholar
- 8.Chen, H. T., andFan, L. T.,Multiple Minima in a Fluidized Reactor-Heater System, AIChE Journal, Vol. 22, No. 4, 1976.Google Scholar