Minimax approach to structural optimization problems
- 64 Downloads
The problem of determining the shape of an elastic body which is optimal for a whole class of loads is formulated. Its general solution scheme, based on a minimax approach, is indicated. The optimization problem of an elastic beam is studied for both the simply supported case and the cantilevered case, and some specific properties of the optimal shape are determined.
Key WordsStructural optimization minimax problems beam design inequality constraints
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Lurie, A. I.,Application of Maximum Principle to Simple Problems of Mechanics (in Russian), Trudy Leningradskogo Politechnicheskogo Instituta, No. 252, Mashinostroenie, 1965.Google Scholar
- 2.Wasiutynski, Z., andBrandt, A.,The Present State of Knowledge in the Field of Optimum Design of Structures, Applied Mechanics Reviews, Vol. 16, No. 5, 1963.Google Scholar
- 3.Reitman, M. I., andShapiro, G. S.,Theory of Optimal Design in Constructional Mechanics, Theory of Elasticity, and Plasticity (in Russian), Sbornik, “Itogi Nauki,” Uprugost' i Plastichnost', VINITI Academia of Sciences, USSR, 1966.Google Scholar
- 4.Sheu, C. Y., andPrager, W.,Recent Developments in Optimal Structural Design, Applied Mechanics Reviews, Vol. 21, No. 10, 1968.Google Scholar
- 5.Barnett, R. L.,Survey of Optimum Design, Experimental Mechanics, Vol. 6, No. 12, 1966.Google Scholar
- 6.Prager, W., andShield, R. T.,Optimal Design of Multi-Purpose Structures, International Journal of Solids and Structures, Vol. 4, No. 4, 1968.Google Scholar