Optimal investments for universal primary education
- 49 Downloads
This paper describes the application of the discrete maximum principle to the problem of the introduction of universal primary education.
Key WordsEducation planning maximum principle control theory optimum investments
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Kleindorfer, G. B., andRoy, L. M. S.,A Model for Educational Planning in East Pakistan, The Ford Foundation, Pakistan-Berkeley Program in Education Planning, University of California, Berkeley, 1969.Google Scholar
- 2.Correa, H.,The Economics of Human Resources, North Holland Publishing Company, Amsterdam, Holland, 1963.Google Scholar
- 3.Thonstad, T.,A Mathematical Model of the Norwegian Educational System, Mathematical Models in Educational Planning, OECD, Paris, France, 1967.Google Scholar
- 4.Armitage, P., andSmith, C.,The Development of Computable Models of the British Educational System and Their Possible Uses, Mathematical Models in Educational Planning, OECD, Paris, France, 1967.Google Scholar
- 5.Kleindorfer, G. B., Goldinger, P. M., andRhoads, S. M.,A Model for Educational Planning in the State of New York, A Report to the New York State Commission on the Quality, Cost and Financing of Elementary and Secondary Education, 1971.Google Scholar
- 6.Ritzen, J. M.,A Decision Model for Technical Education, Report, Policy Planning and Administration Division, School of Education, University of California, Berkeley, 1972.Google Scholar
- 7.Wagner, W. G., andWeathersby, G. B.,Optimality in College Planning: A Control Theoretical Approach, Paper P-22, The Ford Foundation Program for Research in University Administration, University of California, Berkeley, 1971.Google Scholar
- 8.Holtzman, J. M.,Convexity and the Maximum Principle for Discrete Systems, IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, Vol. AC-11, No. 1, 1966.Google Scholar
- 9.Halkin, H.,A Maximum Principle of the Pontryagin Type for Systems Described by Nonlinear Difference Equations, SIAM Journal on Control, Vol. 4, No. 1, 1966.Google Scholar
- 10.Leitmann, G., andStalford, H.,A Sufficiency Theorem for Optimal Control, Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications, Vol. 8, No. 3, 1971.Google Scholar
© Plenum Publishing Corporation 1975