A system of inequalities and nondifferentiable mathematical programming
- 48 Downloads
A system of inequalities involving nondifferentiable functions, originally introduced by Eisenberg, is extended. This result is then applied to establish optimality criteria and a dual theorem for a nondifferentiable mathematical program involving quasiconvexity in its equality constraints and inequality constraints. These are natural extensions of results recently established by Mond.
Key WordsPositive-semidefinite symmetric matrices optimality duality quasiconvexity
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Eisenberg, E.,A Gradient Inequality for a Class of Nondifferentiable Functions, Operations Research, Vol. 14, pp. 157–163, 1966.Google Scholar
- 2.Mond, B.,A Class of Nondifferentiable Mathematical Programming Problems, Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, Vol. 46, pp. 169–174, 1974.Google Scholar
- 3.Mond, B., andSchechter, M.,On a Constraint Qualification in a Nondifferentiable Programming Problem, Naval Research Logistics Quarterly, Vol. 23, pp. 611–613, 1976.Google Scholar
- 4.Mangasarian, O. L.,Nonlinear Programming, McGraw-Hill Book Company, New York, New York, 1969.Google Scholar
- 5.Kuhn, H. W., andTucker, A. W.,Nonlinear Programming, Proceedings of the 2nd Berkeley Symposium on Mathematical Statistics and Probability, Edited by J. Neyman, University of California Press, Berkeley, California, 1951.Google Scholar