Derivation and validation of initial-value methods for boundary-value problems for difference equations
- 52 Downloads
In this paper, we develop the theory of invariant imbedding for general classes of two-point boundary-value problems for difference equations. In addition to deriving invariant imbedding equations, we show that the functions satisfying these equations in fact solve the original boundary-value problems.
KeywordsDifference Equation General Classis Invariant Imbed Imbed Equation Invariant Imbed Equation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Falb, P. L., andDeJong, J. L.,Some Successive Approximation Methods in Control and Oscillation Theory, Academic Press, New York, 1969.Google Scholar
- 2.Golberg, M. A.,Invariant Imbedding for a General Class of Boundary-Value Problems for Difference Equations (to appear).Google Scholar
- 3.Golberg, M. A.,A Generalized Invariant Imbedding Equation, III: Non-linear Boundary Conditions, Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications (to appear).Google Scholar
- 4.Kagiwada, H., andKalaba, R. E.,Verification of the Invariant Imbedding Method for Certain Fredholm Integral Equations, Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, Vol. 23, No. 3, 1968.Google Scholar
- 5.Golberg, M. A.,Some Invariance Principles for Two-Point Boundary-Value Problems, Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications (to appear).Google Scholar
- 6.Bailey, P. B., andWing, G. M.,Some Recent Developments in Invariant Imbedding with Applications, Journal of Mathematical Physics, Vol. 6, No. 3, 1965.Google Scholar
- 7.Bellman, R. E., Kalaba, R. E., andWing, G. M.,Invariant Imbedding and Neutron Transport Theory, III: Neutron-Neutron Collision Processes, Journal of Mathematics and Mechanics, Vol. 8, No. 2, 1959.Google Scholar
- 8.Bellman, R. E., andCooke, K.,Existence and Uniqueness Theorems in Invariant Imbedding, II: Convergence of a New Difference Algorithm, Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, Vol. 12, No. 2, 1965.Google Scholar