Nuclear quadrupole resonance on31Cl nuclei in V4+ oxochloride
- 15 Downloads
On the basis of a semiempirical method of calculating the structure, we calculated the NQR frequency on the35Cl nuclei in a [VOCl4]2− compound in harmony with three calculation schemes: 1) Townes-Daily, 2) taking into account the effect of the immediate environment and the Sternheimer factors, and 3) taking into account the asymmetry factor.
The nuclear quadrupole resonance spectrum was taken on the35Cl nuclei in the compound Rb2VOCl4. The experimental and theoretical values of the νNQR are found to be in agreement.
KeywordsCalculation Scheme Resonance Spectrum Nuclear Quadrupole Resonance Semiempirical Method Asymmetry Factor
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. I. Murav'ev, N. B. Yunusov, and I. V. Ovchinnikov, Zh. Fiz. Khim.,48, 1600 (1974).Google Scholar
- 2.R. D. Bereman, Inorg. Chem.,11, 642 (1972).Google Scholar
- 3.C. H. Townes and B. R. Daily, J. Chem. Phys.,17, 782 (1949).Google Scholar
- 4.M. Wolfsberg and L. Helmholz, J. Chem. Phys.,20, 837 (1952).Google Scholar
- 5.H. Basch, A. Viste, and H. B. Gray, J. Chem. Phys.,44, 10 (1966).Google Scholar
- 6.J. W. Richardson, W. C. Nieupoort, R. R. Powell, and W. F. Edgell, J. Chem. Phys.,36, 1057 (1962).Google Scholar
- 7.J. W. Richardson, R. R. Powell, and W. C. Nieupoort, J. Chem. Phys.,38, 796 (1963).Google Scholar
- 8.F. Clementi, Tables of Atomic Functions, Supplement to IBM J. Res. Develop.,9, 2 (1965).Google Scholar
- 9.H. Basch and A. Viste, Theoret. Chim. Acta,3, 458 (1965).Google Scholar
- 10.T. P. Das and E. L. Hahn, Nuclear Quadrupole Resonance Spectroscopy, Academic Press, New York-London (1958).Google Scholar
- 11.R. Ingalls, Phys. Rev.,128, 1155 (1962).Google Scholar
- 12.L. O. Atovmyan and Z. G. Aliev, Zh. Struktur. Khim.,11, 728 (1970).Google Scholar
- 13.G. K. Semin, T. A. Babushkina, and G. G. Yakobson, Application of NQR in Chemistry [in Russian], Khimiya, Leningrad (1972), p. 224.Google Scholar
- 14.A. J. Freeman and R. F. Watson, Phys. Rev.,131, 2566 (1963).Google Scholar
- 15.P. W. Atkins and M. C. R. Symons, Structure of Inorganic Radicals, Am. Elsevier (1967).Google Scholar