Rate constants of reactions of peroxide radicals in methacrylic and acrylic esters undergoing oxidation
- 18 Downloads
Isobutyl methacrylate is oxidized according to a radical-chain mechanism with quadratic chain termination.
The rate constants of chain propagation and termination in methylmethacrylate, n-butyl methacrylate, isobutyl methacrylate, methyl acrylate, and n-butyl acrylate undergoing oxidation at 50 and 30° were determined.
The rate constants of the interaction of peroxide radicals of the monomers indicated above with phenol, α-naphthol, α- and β-naphthylamines were measured.
KeywordsEster Phenol Methacrylate Acrylate Methylmethacrylate
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.R. Kerber and V. Serini, Makromolek. Chem.,140 1 (1970).Google Scholar
- 2.J. A. Howard, Canad. J. Chem.,50, 2298 (1972).Google Scholar
- 3.V. D. Sukhov, M. M. Mogilevich, and V. V. Kharitonov, Zh. Fiz. Khimii,48, 1324 (1974).Google Scholar
- 4.M. M. Mogilevich, V. D. Sukhov, G. V. Korolev, R. G. Kuzovleva, and M. A. Korshunov, Vysokomolekul. Soed.,A15, 2528 (1973).Google Scholar
- 5.M. M. Mogilevich, V. D. Sukhov, and G. V. Koroleva, Kinetika i Kataliz,15, 541 (1974).Google Scholar
- 6.G. M. Burnett and H. M. Melvill, Technique of Organic Chemistry,8, 133 (1953).Google Scholar
- 7.G. A. Kovtun, A. V. Kazantsev, and A. L. Aleksandrov, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., 2644 (1974).Google Scholar
- 8.F. R. Mayo and A. A. Miller, J. Amer. Chem. Soc.,80, 2493 (1958).Google Scholar
- 9.J. A. Howard, Adv. Free Radical Chem.,4, 49 (1972).Google Scholar
- 10.Kh. S. Baddasar'yan, The Theory of Radical Polymerization [in Russian], Nauka (1966).Google Scholar
- 11.E. T. Denisov, Uspekhi Khimii,42, 361 (1973).Google Scholar
- 12.G. A. Kovtun and A. L. Aleksandrov, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., 1946 (1973).Google Scholar
- 13.E. T. Denisov, Rate Constants of Homolytic Liquid-Phase Reactions [in Russian], Nauka (1971).Google Scholar
- 14.N. M. Émanuél', G. E. Zaikov, and Z. K. Maizus, The Role of the Medium in Radical-Chain Reactions of Oxidation of Organic Compounds [in Russian], Nauka (1973).Google Scholar
- 15.R. G. Galdwell and J. L. Ihrig, J. Amer. Chem. Soc.,84, 2878 (1962).Google Scholar
- 16.W. R. Yates and J. L. Ihrig, J. Amer. Chem. Soc.,87, 710 (1965).Google Scholar