The photochemical reduction of mixed acidodiammines of Pt(IV)
- 20 Downloads
The compounds (NH3)2NO2Cl3Pt, (NH3)2NO2ClBrClPt, (NH3)2NO2ClBr2Pt, (NH3)2NO2Br3Pt were synthesized, and their behavior in aqueous solutions was studied by UV spectra, pH measurements, and electric conductivity.
The instability of aqueous solutions of the synthesized compounds in the light was established.
A possible mechanism of the transition of Pt(IV) compounds to Pt(II) compounds was discussed. A hypothesis was advanced on the equilibrium nature of the photoreduction reaction.
KeywordsAqueous Solution Electric Conductivity Photochemical Reduction Equilibrium Nature Photoreduction Reaction
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.I. I. Chernyaev, Izv. In-ta po Izucheniyu Platiny IONKh AN SSSR,5, 102 (1927).Google Scholar
- 2.I. I. Chernyaev, G. S. Muraveiskaya, and L. S. Korablina, Zh. Neorgan. Khimii,11, 1365 (1966).Google Scholar
- 3.I. I. Chernyaev and G. S. Muraveiskaya, Izv. Sektora Platiny IONKh AN SSSR,25, 35 (1950).Google Scholar
- 4.Yu. N. Kukushkin, Zh. Neorgan. Khimii,6, 1098 (1961).Google Scholar
- 5.A. G. Samatov, N. N. Zheligovskaya, and Vikt. I. Spitsin, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., 274 (1974).Google Scholar