Destruction rate of 2,6-diphenyl-4-(3',5'-diphenyl-4'-hydroxyphenyl)phenoxyl and 2,6-di-tert-butyl-4-(3',5'-di-tert-butyl-4'-hydroxy phenyl)-phenoxyl radicals
The absorption spectra of the 2,6-diphenyl-4-(3',5'-diphenyl-4'-hydroxyphenyl)phenoxyl radicals were recorded.
The disproportionation of the 2,6-diphenyl-4-(3',5'-diphenyl-4'-hydroxyphenyl)phenoxylradicals is limited by diffusion; the respective rate constants in acetic and formic acids were determined.
The disproportionation of the 2,6-di-tert-butyl-4-(3',5'-di-tert-butyl-4'-hydroxyphenyl)phenoxyl radicals proceeds in the kinetic region.
KeywordsAcetic Absorption Spectrum Phenyl Formic Acid Disproportionation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. Weissberger (editor), Techniques of Organic Chemistry, Vol. 7, Organic Solvents, Wiley-Interscience (1955).Google Scholar
- 2.V. A. Kuz'min, I. V. Khudyakov, and N. M. Émanuél, Dokl Akad. Nauk SSSR,206, 1154 (1972).Google Scholar
- 3.A. P. Darmanyan and V. A. Kuz'min, Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR,227, 1139 (1976).Google Scholar
- 4.B. L. Tumanskii, S. P. Solodovnikov, A. I. Prokof'ev, N. N. Bubnov, and M. I. Kabachnik, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim.,1977, 1309.Google Scholar
- 5.I. V. Khudyakov, V. A. Kuz'min, H. Hageman, and K. de Jonge, Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR,225, 882 (1975).Google Scholar
- 6.I. V. Khudyakov, P. P. Levin, V. A. Kuz'min, and K. de Jonge, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim.,1977, 1655.Google Scholar
- 7.R. Z. Sagdeev, K. M. Salikhov, and Yu. N. Molin, Usp. Khim.,46, 569 (1977).Google Scholar