Kinetics and mechanism of the reaction of phenylthallium dicarboxylate with tetramethyltin in methanol solution
- 24 Downloads
Polarographic methods have been used to study the kinetics of the interaction of PhTlX2 type compounds (X=OCOCH3, OCOC3H7-i, OCOH, OCOCF3, OCOCH2Cl, Cl) with tetramethyltin in methanol containing tetra-n-butylammonium perchlorate.
Each of these reactions was overall second-order, (first-order with respect to each reactant).
The kinetic data and the results obtained from a study of the electrical conductance of the phenylthallium dicarboxylates suggest that each of these reactions proceeds through the intermediary of ions and ion pairs formed from the thalliumorganic compound.
KeywordsMethanol Electrical Conductance Perchlorate Kinetic Data Methanol Solution
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.H. Kurosawa, M. Tanaka, and R. Okawara, J. Organomet. Chem.,12, 241 (1968).Google Scholar
- 2.M. Tanaka, H. Kurosawa, and R. Okawara, Inorg. Nucl. Chem. Lett.,3, 565 (1967).Google Scholar
- 3.M. Tanaka, H. Kurosawa, and R. Okawara, J. Organomet. Chem.,18, 49 (1969).Google Scholar
- 4.T. Abe, H. Kurosawa, and R. Okawara, J. Organomet. Chem.,25, 353 (1970).Google Scholar
- 5.R. Okavara (Okawara), Usp. Khim.,41, 1220 (1972).Google Scholar
- 6.M. H. Abraham, D. F. Dadjour, and C. J. Holloway, J. Organomet. Chem.,52, C27 (1973).Google Scholar
- 7.G. N. Schrauzer, J. H. Weber, T. M. Beckman, and R. K. Y. Ho, Tetrahedron Lett.,1971, 275.Google Scholar
- 8.J. R. Chipperfield, G. D. France, and D. E. Webster, J. Chem. Soc. Perkin Trans. 2,1972, 405.Google Scholar
- 9.A. J. Kresge, M. Dubeck, and H. C. Brown, J. Org. Chem.,32, 745 (1967).Google Scholar
- 10.J. Hine, Equilibria in Organic Chemistry, Marcel Dekker, New York (1975).Google Scholar
- 11.S. F. Acree, Trans. Faraday Soc.,15, 18 (1919).Google Scholar
- 12.A. E. Borisova and N. V. Novikova, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Otd. Khim. Nauk,1959, 1670.Google Scholar
- 13.A. McKillop, J. S. Fowler, M. J. Zelesko, J. D. Hunt, E. C. Taylor, and G. McCillivray, Tetrahedron Lett.,1969, 2423.Google Scholar
- 14.V. P. Glushkova and K. A. Kocheshkov, Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR,116, 233 (1957).Google Scholar
- 15.R. Robinson and R. Stokes, Electrolyte Solutions, Butterworth (1959).Google Scholar