Effect of nature of halogen in mercury halides on kinetics of unsymmetrization of dibenzylmercury in pyridine
The rate for the unsymmetrization of dibenzylmercury by mercury halides in pyridine decreases in the order: HgCl2 > HgBr2 > HgI2.
The change in the activation energies and entropies is in good agreement with the change in the rate constants of the studied reactions.
KeywordsEntropy Mercury Activation Energy Pyridine Halide
- 1.H. B. Charman, E. D. Hughes, and C. K. Ingold, J. Chem. Soc.,1959, 2523.Google Scholar
- 2.H. B. Charman, E. D. Hughes, and C. K. Ingold, J. Chem. Soc.,1959, 2530.Google Scholar
- 3.R. E. Dessy and Y. K. Lee, J. Am. Chem. Soc.,82, 689 (1960).Google Scholar
- 4.M. D. Rausch and J. R. van Wazer, Inorg. Chem.,3, 761 (1964).Google Scholar
- 5.V. S. Petrosyan, V. Bakhmutov, and O. A. Reutov, Abstracts of Papers Delivered at Conference of Intermolecular Reactions and Reactivity of Organic Compounds [in Russian], Frunze (1972); p. 16.Google Scholar