Effect of nature of halogen in mercury halides on kinetics of unsymmetrization of dibenzylmercury in pyridine
- 13 Downloads
The rate for the unsymmetrization of dibenzylmercury by mercury halides in pyridine decreases in the order: HgCl2 > HgBr2 > HgI2.
The change in the activation energies and entropies is in good agreement with the change in the rate constants of the studied reactions.
KeywordsEntropy Mercury Activation Energy Pyridine Halide
- 1.H. B. Charman, E. D. Hughes, and C. K. Ingold, J. Chem. Soc.,1959, 2523.Google Scholar
- 2.H. B. Charman, E. D. Hughes, and C. K. Ingold, J. Chem. Soc.,1959, 2530.Google Scholar
- 3.R. E. Dessy and Y. K. Lee, J. Am. Chem. Soc.,82, 689 (1960).Google Scholar
- 4.M. D. Rausch and J. R. van Wazer, Inorg. Chem.,3, 761 (1964).Google Scholar
- 5.V. S. Petrosyan, V. Bakhmutov, and O. A. Reutov, Abstracts of Papers Delivered at Conference of Intermolecular Reactions and Reactivity of Organic Compounds [in Russian], Frunze (1972); p. 16.Google Scholar