Synthesis of α-sulfur-containing 2-imidazolinone derivatives
A method was developed for the synthesis ofα-sulfur-containing derivatives of 2-imidazolinone by the reaction of 4(5)-piperidino-methyl-2-imidazolinones with mercaptans, carbon disulfide and thioacetic acid.
4(5)-Methyl-5(4)-S-acetylmercaptomethyl-2-imidazolinone was converted to bis[4(5)-methyl-2-imidazolinonyl-5(4)-methyl] sulfide under the influence of piperidine.
KeywordsMethyl Sulfide Disulfide Piperidine Carbon Disulfide
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. Lezius, E. Ringelmann, and F. Lynen, Biochim. Z.,336, 510 (1963).Google Scholar
- 2.N. Kreutzkamp, H. Y. Oei, and H. Peschel, Arch. Pharm.,304, 649 (1971).Google Scholar
- 3.N. A. Rodionova, M. P. Unanyan, G. V. Kondrat'eva, S. I. Zav'yalov, and V. V. Filippov, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim.,1970, 660.Google Scholar
- 4.S. I. Zav'yalov, O. M. Radul, and N. A. Rodionova, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser, Khim.,1972, 2025.Google Scholar
- 5.S. I. Zav'yalov, M. P. Unanyan, G. V. Kondrat'eva, and V. I. Filippov, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim.,1967, 1792.Google Scholar