Nuclear quadrupole resonance of bromine in complexes of aluminum bromide with π-donors
The same as benzene, the o- and p-xylenes give complexes of composition ArH·Al2Br6 with aluminum bromide. Mesitylene and durene form complexes of composition ArH·AlBr3.
The79Br and81Br NQR spectra of the ArH · Al2Br6 complexes are close to the spectrum of the starting Al2Br6, and indicate that the Al2Br6 of these complexes has a dimeric bridge structure. Substantial shifts of the frequencies are observed in the spectra of the ArH·AlBr3 complexes that contain mesitylene and durene, and also the absence of bands that are characteristic for bridge bonds.
KeywordsAluminum Benzene Bromide Form Complex Bromine
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.D. D. Eley, J. H. Taylor, and S. C. Wallwork, J. Chem. Soc.,1961, 3867.Google Scholar
- 2.E. N. Kharlamova, I. P. Romm, and E. N. Gur'yanova, Zh. Obshch. Khim.,40, 2352 (1970).Google Scholar
- 3.I. P. Romm, E. N. Gur'Yanova, E. N. Kharlamova, R. R. Shifrina, N. N. Shapet'ko, and K. A. Kocheshkov, Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR,189, 810 (1969).Google Scholar
- 4.I. P. Romm, E. N. Kharlamova, and E. N. Gur'yanova, Zh. Obshch. Khim.,42, 2246 (1972).Google Scholar
- 5.T. Okuda, Y. Furukawa, and H. Negita, Bull. Chem. Soc. Japan,45, 2245 (1972).Google Scholar
- 6.L. A. Lobanova, E. N. Gur'yanova, A. F. Volkov, and R. R. Shifrina, Zh. Obshch. Khim.,45, 1857 (1975).Google Scholar
- 7.I. P. Romm, L. I. Belen'kii, E. N. Gur'Yanova, and Yu. K. Tovbin, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim.,1974, 2478.Google Scholar
- 8.E. N. Gur'yanova, V. V. Puchkova, and A. F. Volkov, Zh. Strukt. Khim.,15, 439 (1974).Google Scholar