Molecular and electronic structure of heteropolycomplexes
- 19 Downloads
The IR and Raman spectra of heteropolyacids, the anions of which have a Keggin structure (Td), were obtained.
The anions retain their structure in solution. The influence of the central atom on the vibrations of the framework of the anion, as well as the influence of a coordination sphere on the state of the central atom, were studied.
In all cases it is evident that the Mo-O bond is weaker than the W-O bond, which is the cause of the different stability of heteropolyacids.
Vibrational spectroscopy can be a useful source of information on the structure of heteropolyanions in the crystalline form and in solutions.
KeywordsSpectroscopy Raman Spectrum Coordination Sphere Central Atom Crystalline Form
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.L. P. Kazanskii, E. A. Torchenkova, and V. I. Spitsyn, Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR,209, 141 (1973).Google Scholar
- 2.N. E. Sharpless and J. S. Munday, Analyt. Chem.,29, 1619 (1957).Google Scholar
- 3.G. V. Yukhnevich, Optika i Spektroskopiya,9, 335 (1960).Google Scholar
- 4.D. H. Brown, Spectroehim. Acta,19, 585 (1963).Google Scholar
- 5.G. Lange, H. Hahn, and K. Denike, Z. Naturforsch.,24b, 1498 (1969).Google Scholar
- 6.P. Rabette and D. Olivier, Rev. Chim. Miner,7, 18l (1970).Google Scholar
- 7.M. L. Freedman, J. Amer. Chem. Soc.,81, 3834 (1959).Google Scholar
- 8.H. T. Evans, Persp. Struct. Chem.,4, (1971).Google Scholar
- 9.R. Mattes, H. Bierbusse, and J. Fuchs, Z. Anorgan. und Allgem. Chem.,385, 230 (1971).Google Scholar
- 10.K. Nakamoto, IR Spectra of Inorganic Compounds (Russian translation], Mir (1965).Google Scholar
- 11.R. Wing and K. Gallahan, Inorgan. Chem.,8, 871 (1969).Google Scholar
- 12.L. P. Kazanskii, Dissertation [in Russian], Moscow (1973).Google Scholar
- 13.L. R. Beattie and M. J. Gall, J. Chem. Soc., A, 3569 (1971).Google Scholar
- 14.A. A. Babad-Zakhryapin, Zh. Neorgan. Khimii,3, 1970 (1958).Google Scholar
- 15.N. Levy, P. A. Agron, and N. D. Danford, J. Chem. Phys.,30, 1486 (1959).Google Scholar
- 16.L. P. Kazanskii, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., 499 (1975).Google Scholar
- 17.K. Moedritzer, Inorgan. Chem.,6, 936 (1967).Google Scholar
- 18.L. P. Kazanskii, A. I. Gasanov, V. F. Chuvaev, and V. I. Spitsyn, Summaries of Reports at the Fifth All-Union Conference on the Use of Physical Methods in Coordination Chemistry [in Russian], Izd-vo Shtiintsa, Kishinev (1974).Google Scholar