Dependence of the catalytic activity of palladium-ruthenium alloys on their composition and conditions of heat treatment
- 22 Downloads
The catalytic activity of binary alloys of palladium containing 4.4–9.2% Ru was investigated as a function of' the conditions of their heat treatment in an atmosphere of various gases (air, H2, Ar).
The results of the investigation were treated according to a program permitting calculation of the parameters of the Arrhenius equation on the assumption of normal and logarithmic-normal distributions of their values. The correctness of the hypothesis of a logarithmic-normal distribution was demonstrated.
Raising the temperature of treatment of the alloys in a stream of air from 350 to 750°, as well as repeated treatment in a stream of air at 750°, caused an appreciable increase in the catalytic activity, associated with an increase in the preexponential factors. An even greater increase in the activity, due to a decrease in the activation energy, is also achieved as a result of treatment of the catalyst with air, and then with H2, at 750° with rapid cooling in H2.
KeywordsAtmosphere Activation Energy Heat Treatment Catalytic Activity Palladium
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. M. Gryaznov, Dok. Akad. Nauk SSSR,184, 794 (1969).Google Scholar
- 2.V. M. Gryaznov, V. P. Polyakova, E. M. Savitskii, L. Frades, E. V. Khrapova, É. Khuares, and G. V. Shkola, Izv, Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., 2520 (1970).Google Scholar
- 3.V. M. Gryaznov, A. P. Mishchenko, V. P. Polyakova, N. R. Roshan, E. M. Savitskii, V. S. Smimov, E. V. Khrapova, and V. I. Shimulis, Dokl. Alad. Nauk SSSR,211, 624 (1973).Google Scholar
- 4.E. M. Savitskii, V. P. Polyakova, and M. A. Tylkina, Palladium Alloys [in Russian], “Nauka” (1967).Google Scholar
- 5.D. W. Bassett and H. W. Habgood, J. Phys. Chem.,64, 769 (1960).Google Scholar
- 6.V. I. Shimulis and P. Oiola, Zh. Fiz. Khimii,45, 2105 (1971); Deposited in VINITI AN SSSR, [All-Unicn Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of the Academy of Sciences of the USSR], No. 2942-71.Google Scholar
- 7.V. I. Shimulis and P. Oiola, Fifth Scientific Conference of Physicomathematical and Natural Sciences [in Russian], Izd-vo Universiteta Druzhby Narodov, Moscow (1970), p. 104.Google Scholar
- 8.V. V, Nalimov, The Use of Mathematical Statistics in the Analysis of Substances fin Russian], Fizmatgiz (1960).Google Scholar
- 9.B. J. Wood, J. Catalysis,11, 30 (1968).Google Scholar
- 10.V. M. Gryaznov, L. F. Pavlova, P. Rivera, A. Rosen, and É. Khuares, Kinetika i Kataliz,12, 1197 (1971).Google Scholar
- 11.V. I. Shimulis, Dissertation [in Russian], Moscow (1961).Google Scholar
- 12.M. F. Moskovskaya, Dissertation [in Russian], Moscow (1971).Google Scholar