Dissociation of complexes of triethylaluminum with electron donors on dilution
- 27 Downloads
Dissociation of the complex occurs when the complexes of triethylaluminum with diethyl ether, diethyl sulfide, and THF are diluted, which is manifested in the NME spectra.
Based on the estimated complexing constants and the values of the spectroscopic effect the studied donors can be arranged in the following order of decrease in their donor strength: NEt3 > THF > OEt2 > SEt2.
KeywordsEther Sulfide Diethyl Diethyl Ether Electron Donor
- 1.J. A. Pople, W. G. Schneider, and H. J. Bernstein, High-Resolution Nuclear Magnetic Resonance [Russian translation], IL (1962).Google Scholar
- 2.B. P. Dailey and J. N. Shoolery, J. Am. Chem. Soc.,77, 3977 (1955).Google Scholar
- 3.P. T. Narasimhan and M. T. Rogers, J. Am. Chem. Soc.,82, 5983 (1960).Google Scholar
- 4.T. Takeshita and W. E. Frankle, Tetrahedron Lett.,1968, 5913.Google Scholar
- 5.K. Hatada and H. Yuki, Tetrahedron Lett.,1968. 213.Google Scholar
- 6.Y. Takashi, Bull. Chem. Soc. Japan,40, 612 (1967).Google Scholar
- 7.T. Mole, Austral. J. Chem.,16, 801 (1963).Google Scholar
- 8.S. I. Vinogradova, V. M. Denisov, and A. I. Kol'tsov, Zh. Obshch. Khim.,42, 1031 (1972).Google Scholar
- 9.E. B. Milovskaya, E. L. Kopp, O. S. Mikhailicheva, V. M. Denisov, and A. I. Koltsov, Polymer,13, 288 (1972).Google Scholar