Study of the temperature dependence of the free energies of activation of rotations around the C = C and C-N bonds in dienic δ-aminocarbonyl compounds by the PMR method
- 21 Downloads
On the basis of the dependence of the rate constants of processes of rotation around C = C and C-N bonds in dienic δ-aminocarbonyl compounds on the temperature found, the entropies of activation of these processes were calculated.
Increasing the temperature by 100° leads to an increase in ΔG C = C ≠ of 3 kcal/mole. The dependence of ΔG C = C ≠ on the temperature can be neglected in view of the fact that the value of ΔS C = C ≠ is close to zero.
Methods of calculation are cited, permitting a reduction of the influence of systematic errors in the values of the parameters of activation and an estimation of their magnitude.
KeywordsEntropy Free Energy Systematic Error
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.E. P. Prokof'ev, Zh. A. Krasnaya, and V. F. Kucherov, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., 2013 (1973).Google Scholar
- 2.A. Allerhand, H. S. Gutowsky, J. Jonas, and R. A. Meinzer, J. Amer. Chem. Soc.,88, 3185 (1966).Google Scholar
- 3.H. S. Gutowsky and C. H. Holm, J. Chem. Phys.,25, 1228 (1956).Google Scholar
- 4.M. T. Rogers and J. C. Woodbrey, J. Phys. Chem.,66, 540 (1962).Google Scholar
- 5.H. G. Schmid, H. Friebolin, S. Kabuss, and R. Mecke, Spectrochim. Acta,28, 623 (1966).Google Scholar
- 6.A. Iaechke, H. Muensch, H. G. Schmid, H. Friebolin, and A. Mannschreck, J. Molec. Spectroscopy,31, 14 (1969).Google Scholar
- 7.A. Mannschreck, A. Mattheus, and G. Rissmann, J. Molec. Spectroscopy,23, 15 (1967).Google Scholar
- 8.G. Binsch, Topics in Stereochemistry,3, 97 (1968).Google Scholar
- 9.A. Allerhand, Fu-ming Chen, and H. S. Gutowsky, J. Chem. Phys.,42, 3040 (1965).Google Scholar