Investigation of the catalytic hydeogenation of disubstituted benzenes and the configurational isomerization of the corresponding cyclohexanes
- 25 Downloads
The rate constants of hydrogenation k0, the adsorption coefficients b, and the relative reactivity S in the competitive hydrogenation of methyl esters of aromatic acids on a Ru/C catalyst were determined.
The decrease in the rate of hydrogenation of the aromatic ring of the ester and the value of its relative adsorption coefficients when a new substituent is introduced is due to a substantial degree to steric hindrance.
The disruption of the correlation of k0 and b from methyl benzoate to methyl p-aminobenzoate is explained by displacement of H2 as a result of the strong adsorption of the amino derivative and its hydrogenation product.
KeywordsEster Benzene Methyl Ester Cyclohexane Aromatic Ring
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.G. Gilman and G. Conn, Advances in Catalysis,9, 735 (1957).Google Scholar
- 2.H. A. Smith and W. E. Campbell, Proceed, of the Third Intern. Congr. of Catalysis, Amsterdam, Vol. 2 (1965), pp. 1373, 1386.Google Scholar
- 3.H. A. Smith and E. F. Pennekamp, J. Amer. Chem. Soc.,67, 279 (1945).Google Scholar
- 4.C. P. Rader and H. A. Smith, J. Amer. Chem. Soc.,84, 1443 (1962).Google Scholar
- 5.J. Jungers and L. Sapsus, Kinetic Methods of Investigation of Chemical Processes [Russian translation], Khimiya, Leningrad (1972), p. 247.Google Scholar
- 6.L. Kh. Freidlin, E. F. Litvin, G. K. Oparina, R. N. Gurskii, R. V. Istratova, and L. V. Videneeva, Zh. Organ. Khimii,5, 959 (1973).Google Scholar
- 7.E. F. Litvin, L. Kh. Freidlin, R. N. Gurskii, G. K. Oparina, R. V. Istratova, and L. I. Gosteva, Zh. Organ. Khimii,10, 1475 (1974).Google Scholar
- 8.L. Kh. Freidlin, E. F. Litvin, R. N. Gurskii, G. K. Oparina, and R. V. Istratova, Zh. Organ. Khimii,10, 1202 (1974).Google Scholar
- 9.R. N. Gurskii, G. K. Oparina, R. V. Istratova, I. L. Vaisman, L. Kh. Freidlin, E. F. Litvin, and T. D. Ionova, USSR Patent No. 284979, 1970; Byul. Izobr. No. 33 (1970).Google Scholar
- 10.A. A. Balandin, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Otd. Khim., 339 (1945).Google Scholar
- 11.L. Kh. Freidlin, N. M. Nazarova, M. A. Abduraimova, and S. I. Shcherbakova, Neftekhimiya,13, 635 (1973).Google Scholar
- 12.E. F. Litvin, L. Kh. Freidlin, and S. K. Tilyaev, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., 1220 (1968).Google Scholar