The mechanism of oxidation inhibition by metal complexes 2. The effect of substituents in the schiff-base imine component on the antioxidant properties of copper salicylaldiiminates
- 34 Downloads
The copper bis(salicylaldiiminate)s are involved in repeated chain rupture acts in the course of the oxidation of cyclohexylamine by α-aminoperoxide radicals.
Measured by the initiated oxidation method, the rate constants for one-electron oxidation and reduction of α-aminoperoxide radicals by Cu(I) and Cu(II) complexes diminish with an increase in the electron-donor activity of the substituent in the imine component of the coordinated Schiff base.
Measured in this same way, the rate constant for chain rupture in the p,p′-substituted diphenylamines increases with an increase in the electron-donor activity of the substituent.
KeywordsOxidation Copper Metal Complex Schiff Base Schiff
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.G. A. Kovtun, G. L. Lukoyanova, A. S. Berenblyum, and I. I. Moiseev, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., 2179 (1976).Google Scholar
- 2.G. A. Kovtun, A. L. Aleksandrov, and E. T. Denisov, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., 2611 (1973).Google Scholar
- 3.G. A. Kovtun and A. L. Aleksandrov, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., 1274 (1974); 38 (1977).Google Scholar
- 4.P. Pfeifer, Liebigs Ann. Chem.,503, 84 (1966).Google Scholar
- 5.G. A. Kovtun, A. V. Kazantsev, and A. L. Aleksandrov, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., 2635 (1974).Google Scholar
- 6.G. A. Kovtun, G. V. Ponomarev, and A. L. Aleksandrov, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., 320 (1977).Google Scholar
- 7.K. I. Zamarev, Yu. N. Nizel'skii, and T. é. Lipatov, Teor. Eksp. Khim.,7, 789 (1971).Google Scholar
- 8.Martell, M. Calvin, Chemistry of the Metal Chelate Compounds, New York (1952).Google Scholar
- 9.F. BAsolo and R. G. Pearson, Mechanisms of Inorganic Reactions, Wiley (1967).Google Scholar