Kinetic study of the reaction of the dioxane complex of dichlorogermylene with benzyl chloride
- 22 Downloads
Kinetic studies of the liquid-phase, reaction of the C4H6O2·GeCl2 complex with benzyl chloride suggest that this reaction proceeds through preliminary dissociation of the complex, followed by penetration of the free dichlorogermylene into the C-Cl bond of the chloride.
Rate constants and activation parameters for this reaction have been determined at temperatures ranging from 52 to 94°C. The transition state for the penetration step is characterized by a high, negative value of the activation entropy.
KeywordsChloride Entropy Transition State Benzyl Dioxane
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.B. L. Perl'mutter, Dissertation, Moscow, 1974; B. L. Perl'mutter, S. P. Kolesnikov, and O. M. Nefedov, Abstracts, Second All-Union Conference on the Chemistry of the Carbenes and Their Analogs [in Russian], Nauka (1977).Google Scholar
- 2.S. P. Kolesnikov, B. L. Perl'mutter, and O. M. Nefedov, Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR,196, 594 (1971).Google Scholar
- 3.O. M. Nefedov, S. P. Kolesnikov, B. L. Perl'mutter, and A. I. Ioffe, Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR,211, 110 (1973).Google Scholar
- 4.G. V. Isagulyants, A. P. Klimov, S. P. Kolesnikov, B. L. Perl'mutter, and O. M. Nefedov, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim.,1973, 2821.Google Scholar
- 5.G. V. Isagulyants and A. P. Klimov, Abstracts, Second All-Union Conference on the Chemistry of the Carbenes and Their Analogs [in Russian], Nauka (1977).Google Scholar
- 6.A. Weissberger (editor), Techniques of Organic Chemistry, Vol. 7, Organic Solvents, Wiley-Interscience (1955).Google Scholar
- 7.S. P. Kolesnikov, I. S. Rogozhin, and O. M. Nefedov, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim.,1974, 2379.Google Scholar
- 8.V. I. Kulishov, N. G. Bokii, Yu. T. Struchkov, O. M. Nefedov, S. P. Kolesnikov, and B. L. Perl'mutter, Zh. Strukt. Khim.,11, 71 (1970).Google Scholar
- 9.L. J. Andrews and R. M. Keefer, Molecular Complexes in Organic Chemistry, Holden-Day (1964).Google Scholar
- 10.E. N. Gur'yanova, I. P. Gol'dshtein, and I. P. Romm, The Donor-Acceptor Bond [in Russian], (1973), p. 162 and following.Google Scholar
- 11.A. V. Suvorov, Thermodynamic Chemistry of the Vapor State [in Russian], Khimiya, Leningrad (1970).Google Scholar
- 12.W. E. Parham and S. H. Groen, J. Org. Chem.,29, 2214 (1964).Google Scholar