Reaction of pentafluorobenzoic acid with arylmagnesium bromides
The yield of 2-aryltetrafluorobenzoic acids, formed by the reaction of pentafluorobenzoic acid with Grignard reagents of the o- and p-HC6H4MgBr type, is determined by the position and character of the X substituent.
We obtained 3,4-tetrafluorobenzocoumarin from 2-(o-anisyl)tetrafluorobenzoic acid by refluxing with AlCl3 in chlorobenzene.
KeywordsBromide AlCl3 Chlorobenzene Grignard Reagent Pentafluorobenzoic Acid
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.T. N. Gerasimova, I. I. Baturina, T. V. Fomenko, V. S. Chertok, V. F. Kollegov, and E. P. Fokin, Zh. Org. Khim.,10, 2166 (1974).Google Scholar
- 2.T. N. Gerasimova, T. V. Fomenko, and E. P. Fokin, Izv. Sibirsk. Otd. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim. Nauk,1975, No. 12, Issue 5, 100.Google Scholar
- 3.Yu. A. Zhdanov and V. I. Minkin, Correlation Analysis in Organic Chemistry [in Russian], Izd. Rostovsk. Univ. (1966), p. 85.Google Scholar
- 4.T. N. Gerasimova, T. V. Fomenko, and E. P. Fokin, Zh. Org. Khim.,12, 856 (1976).Google Scholar
- 5.T. V. Fomenko, T. N. Gerasimova, and E. P. Fokin, Izv. Sibirsk. Otd. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim. Nauk,1977, No. 2, Issue 1, 99.Google Scholar