Studies in the field of organic metals 3. Nonstoichiometric tetraselenotetracene iodides
- 18 Downloads
A study has been made of the reactions of tetraselenotetracene with iodine, and measurements have been made on single crystals of the four nonstoichiometric complexes resulting from these reactions.
It is characteristic that the crystals of these complexes are built up around two independent sublattices, the one for the tetraselenotetracene and the other for the iodine.
A study of the ESR, electronic, and IR spectra showed that the tetraselenotetracene complexes with iodine are mixed-valence compounds.
Measurements on individual crystals showed that the conductances of the complexes remained essentially constant over certain well-defined temperature intervals.
KeywordsIodine Iodide Temperature Interval Individual Crystal Organic Metal
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M. G. Kaplunov, D. N. Fedutin, M. L. Khidekel', I. F. Shchegolev, and É. B. Yogubskii, Zh. Obshch. Khim.,42, 2295 (1972).Google Scholar
- 2.E. M. Engler, Chem. Technol.,1976, 274.Google Scholar
- 3.R. B. Somoano, A. Gupta, V. Hadek, T. Datta, M. Jones, R. Deck, and A. M. Bemann, J. Chem. Phys.,63, 4970 (1975).Google Scholar
- 4.S. I. Laplaca, P. W. R. Corfiled, R. Thomas, and B. A. Scott, Solid State Commun.,17, 635 (1975).Google Scholar
- 5.L. I. Buravov, G. I. Zvereva, V. F. Kaminskii, L. P. Rozenberg, M. L. Khidekel' (Khidekel), R. P. Shibaeva, I. F. Shchegolev, and E. (E). B. Yagubskii, Chem. Commun.,1976, 720.Google Scholar
- 6.L. I. Buravov, A. I. Kotov, M. L. Khidekel', I. F. Shchegolev, and Zh. B. Yagubskii, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim.,1976, 475.Google Scholar
- 7.S. P. Zolotukhin, V. F. Kaminskii, A. I. Kotov, R. B. Lyubovskii, M. L. Khidekel', R. P. Shibaeva, I. F. Shchgolev, and É. B. Yagubskii, Pis'ma Zh. Eksp. Teor. Fiz.,25, 480 (1977).Google Scholar
- 8.Y. Tomkiewicz, E. M. Engler, and T. D. Schultz, Phys. Rev. Lett.,35, 456 (1975).Google Scholar
- 9.E. A. Perez-Albuerne, H. Johnson, and D. J. Trewoy, J. Chem. Phys.,55, 1547 (1971).Google Scholar
- 10.F. B. Kaufman, E. M. Engler, and D. C. Guen, J. Am. Chem. Soc.,98, 1596 (1976).Google Scholar
- 11.M. G. Kaplunov, T. P. Panova, É. B. Yagubskii, and Yu. G. Borod'ko, Zh. Obshch. Khim.,13, 440 (1972).Google Scholar
- 12.R. P. Shibaeva and L. O. Atovmyan, Zh. Strukt. Khim.,13, 546 (1972).Google Scholar
- 13.É. B. Yagubskii and M. L. Khidekel', Usp. Khim.,41, 2132 (1972).Google Scholar
- 14.I. B. Torrance and B. D. Silverman, Phys. Rev., B15, 788 (1977).Google Scholar