Identification of structure and study of configuration of reaction products of endo-dicyclopentadiene with phenols by the1H and13C NMR method
- 27 Downloads
It was established by the13NMR spectroscopy method that Wagner-Meerwein rearrangement occurs when endo-dicyclopentadiene is reacted with phenol and the cresols, which leads to an exo-orientation of the cyclopentene ring.
The exo-orientation of the aromatic substituent was proved by an analysis of the1H NMR spectrum.
KeywordsSpectroscopy Phenol Spectroscopy Method Cresol Cyclopentene
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.R. I. Kock and A. Veermans, Makromol. Chem.,95, 176 (1966).Google Scholar
- 2.H. A. Bruson and T. W. Riener, J. Am. Chem. Soc.,68, 8 (1946).Google Scholar
- 3.S. Cosca, M. Santostasi, W. Marconi, and N. Palladino, Ann. Chim. (Rome),55, 704 (1965).Google Scholar
- 4.M. Karplus, J. Chem. Phys.,30, 11 (1959); J. Am. Chem. Soc.,85, 2870 (1963).Google Scholar
- 5.A. A. Bothner-By, Advances in Magnetic Resonance, J. Waugh (editor), Vol. 1, Academic Press, New York (1965), p. 195.Google Scholar
- 6.E. A. Viktorova, N. I. Shuikin, and P. N. Komarov, Vestn. Mosk. Univ., Khimiya, No. 2, 53 (1961).Google Scholar