Defining the terms of Go-Between Process
- 20 Downloads
Science asks that a theory state its basic terms and operations with economy and precision. Twenty-two terms and operations of Zuk's Go-Between Process are defined. It is desirable in science also to carefully distinguish among related theories. Go-Between Process and Structural-Strategic Family Therapy are related theories, and differences are described.
KeywordsHealth Psychology Theory State Social Issue Family Therapy Relate Theory
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Barnard, C.P., & Corrales, R.G. The theory and technique of family therapy. Springfield, IL: Charles C. Thomas, 1979.Google Scholar
- Garrigan, J.J., & Bambrick, A.F. Family therapy for disturbed children: Some experimental results in special education.Journal of Marriage and Family Counseling, 1977a,3, 83–93.Google Scholar
- Garrigan, J.J., & Bambrick, A.F. Introducing novice therapists to'go-between' techniques of family therapy,Family Process, 1977b,16, 237–246.Google Scholar
- Garrigan, J.J., & Bambrick, A.F. New findings in research on go-between process.International Journal of Family Therapy, 1979,1, 76–85.Google Scholar
- Stanton, M.D. Family Therapy: Systems approaches. In G.P. Sholevar, R.M. Benson, and B.J. Blinder (Eds.),Treatment of emotional disorders in children and adolescents, New York: Spectrum, 1980 (in press).Google Scholar
- Stanton, M.D. Strategic approaches to family therapy. In A.S. Gurman and D. Kniskern (Eds.),Handbook of family therapy, New York: Brunner-Mazel, 1980 (in press).Google Scholar
- Zuk, G.H.Family therapy: A triadic-based approach. New York: Behavioral Publications, 1971.Google Scholar
- Zuk, G.H.Process and practice in family therapy. Haverford, PA: Psychiatry and Behavioral Science Books, 1975.Google Scholar
- Zuk, G.H. Value systems and psychopathology in family therapy.International Journal of Family Therapy, 1979,1 (2), 133–151.Google Scholar