A theory for freezing of electron processes in lowtemperature plasma jets
The question of finding the asymptotic values of the relative election concentrations obtained when the gas temperature and pressure along the streamliner are reduced naturally arises in a number of problems in ionized-gas dynamics. An example of such a problem is that of the flow of a low-temperature plasma in a divergent nozzle. In this case, the velocities of all elementary processes approach zero in proportion to distance from the critical section of the nozzle, due to the marked temperature and pressure drops in the nozzle. Hence, it follows that the relative electron concentration must approach some constant value, which is called the frozen concentration. The study of these processes is of great importance as applied to rocket-engine nozzles  and magnetohydrodynamic equipment.
KeywordsMathematical Modeling Mechanical Engineer Pressure Drop Industrial Mathematic Electron Concentration
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. Q. Eshenroeder, “Ionization nonequilibrium in expanding flows,” ARS Journal, vol. 32, no. 1, 1962.Google Scholar
- 2.L. P. Pitaevskii, “Electron recombination in a monatomic gas,” Zh. eksperim. i teor. fiz., vol. 42, no. 5, 1964.Google Scholar
- 3.F. I. Dalidchik and Yu. S. Sayasov, “Electron recombination in molecular gases,” Zh. eksperim. i teor. fiz., vol. 49, no. 7, 1965.Google Scholar
- 4.A, N. Hayhurst and T. M. Sugden, “The ionization processes associated with metallic additives in flame gases,” Tr., IUPAC, 1965.Google Scholar
- 5.F. I. Dalidchik and Yu. S. Sayasov, “On electron recombination in a gas of dipole molecules,” Zh. eksperim. i teor. fiz., vol. 52, no. 7, 1967,Google Scholar
- 6.Ya. B. Zel'dovich and Yu. P. Raizer, Physics of Shock Waves and High-Temperature Hydrodynamic Phenomena [in Russian], Izd, Nauka, 1966.Google Scholar
- 7.K. N. Bray, “Atomic recombination in a hypersonic wind tunnel nozzle,” J. Fluid Mech., vol. 6, no. 1, 1959.Google Scholar
- 8.Yu. S. Sayasov, “Theory of freezing of ionization processes in expanding gas jets,” Dokl. AN SSSR, vol. 162, no. 4, 1965.Google Scholar
- 9.L. D. Landau and E. M. Lifshits, Mechanics of Continuous Media [in Russian], Fizmatgiz, 1953.Google Scholar