Spectra and some aspects of conjugation in allene compounds
- 25 Downloads
Substantial deviations from additivity were detected in the spectra and dipole moments of the allene compounds R′ HC =C =C−ZRn″, in which the heavy Z atoms are connected directly to the allenyl grouping.
The observed phenomena can be explained within the framework of the concepts regarding the overlapping of the electron clouds of the C-Z σ-bond and the π-bond of the C =C furthest away from the heavy atom, under the condition of a close proximity in the energy levels of the fragments.
KeywordsEnergy Level Dipole Moment Heavy Atom Electron Cloud Allene Compound
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.P. P. Shorygin, V. A. Petukhov, A. Kh. Khomenko, and B. V. Lopatin, Zh. Fiz. Khim.,42, 1584 (1968).Google Scholar
- 2.V. A. Petukhov, M. V. Mavrov, É. S. Voskanyan, and L. P. Gudovich, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., 1323 (1971).Google Scholar
- 3.S. Landor, A. Petel, P. Whiter, and P. Groaves, J. Chem. Soc. C, 1223 (1966).Google Scholar
- 4.P. P. Shorygin and B. V. Lopatin, Zh. Fiz. Khim.,42, 450 (1968).Google Scholar
- 5.D. Ramsay, J. Amer. Chem. Soc.,74, 72 (1972).Google Scholar
- 6.M. V. Mavrov and V. F. Kucherov, in: Reactions and Study Methods for Organic Compounds [in Russian], Vol. 21, Khimiya (1970), p. 90.Google Scholar