Hydrolysis of 2-phenylbenzoxazole and o-benzamidophenol in aqueous solutions of sulfuric acid
- 20 Downloads
The kinetics of the hydrolysis of 2-phenylbenzoxazole, the hydrolysis and cyclization of o-benzamidophenol were studied spectrophotometrically.
The effective rate constant of the hydrolysis of 2-phenylbenzoxazole decreases with increasing H2SO4 concentration, while the effective rate constants of the hydrolysis and cyclization of o-benzamidophenol have maxima.
The dependence of the effective rate constants of the hydrolysis of 2-phenylbenzoxazole and the cyclization of o-benzamidophenol on the acid concentration is described by the same equations as the hydrolysis of amides, but in contrast to amides, in relatively weak solutions of acids 2-phenylbenzoxazole is already appreciably protonated.
KeywordsHydrolysis Aqueous Solution Amide Sulfuric Acid H2SO4
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. V. Korshak, G. M. Tseitlin, V. N. Kulagin, G. E. Zaikov, Yu. V. Moiseev, and I. A. Serenkova, Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR,205, 1153 (1972).Google Scholar
- 2.A. Ladenburg, Ber.,9, 124 (1926).Google Scholar
- 3.F. R. Yapp and E. Wilcoch, J. Chem. Soc.,37, 666 (1930).Google Scholar
- 4.M. A. Philips, J. Chem. Soc.,37, 2865 (1930).Google Scholar
- 5.N. M. Rodigin and É. N. Rodigina, Successive Chemical Reactions (Mathematical Analysis and Calculation) [in Russian], Izd. AN SSSR (1960), p. 28.Google Scholar
- 6.P. P. Nechaev, Yu. V. Moiseev, T. E. Petrova, and G. E. Zaikov, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., 33 (1972).Google Scholar
- 7.M. I. Vinnik, Usp. Khimii,35, 1922 (1966).Google Scholar
- 8.K. Yates, J. B. Stevens, and A. K. Katritzky, Canad. J. Chem.,42, 1957 (1964).Google Scholar
- 9.V. V. Korshak, G. M. Tseitlin, and A. I. Pavlov, Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR,163, 116 (1965).Google Scholar
- 10.V. S. Yakubovich, G. V. Myasnikova, G. I. Braz, and A. Ya. Yakubovich, Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR,159, 630 (1964).Google Scholar
- 11.T. Kubota and R. Nakanisi, J. Polymer Sci.,B2, 655 (1964).Google Scholar
- 12.A. R. Katritzky, Chemistry and Industry, 722 (1966).Google Scholar
- 13.B. Grob, Helv. Chim. Acta,38, 1794 (1955).Google Scholar
- 14.E. H. Cordes and W. P. Jencks, J. Amer. Chem. Soc.,85, 2843 (1963).Google Scholar
- 15.J. T. Edward and F. C. Meacock, J. Chem. Soc., 2009 (1957).Google Scholar
- 16.De Wolfe and F. B. Augustine, J. Organ. Chem.,30, 699 (1965).Google Scholar
- 17.Greenhalgh, R. M. Heggie, and A. Weinberger, Canad. J. Chem.,41, 1662 (1963).Google Scholar