Orthoesters of sugars
- 19 Downloads
The PMR spectra of a number of derivatives of 1, 2, 5-orthobenzoyl-β-L-arabinofuranose were studied in detail. The assignment of the signals of all the protons were demonstrated with the aid of deuterated analogs and shifting reagents.
On the basis of the independence of all the spin-spin interaction constants from the nature of the substituent at C3 of the arabinofuranose system, as well as on the nature of the solvent, it was concluded that the framework heterocyclic system lying at the basis of the structure of the orthoesters studied possesses high conformational rigidity.
KeywordsSugar Interaction Constant Heterocyclic System Deuterated Analog Conformational Rigidity
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. F. Bochkov, V. M. Dashunin, and N. K. Kochetkov, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., 632 (1975).Google Scholar
- 2.A. F. Bochkov, V. M. Dashunin, A. V. Kessenikh, N. K. Kochetkov, A. D. Naumov, and I. V. Obruchnikov, Carbohydr. Res.,16, 497 (1971).Google Scholar
- 3.A. F. Bochkov, V. M. Dashunin, A. V. Kessenikh, V. A. Korenevskii, N. K. Kochetkov, A. D. Naumov, I. V. Obruchnikov, and E. P. Prokof'ev, Zh. Obshch. Khimii,41, 2770 (1971).Google Scholar
- 4.N. K. Kochetkov, A. Ya. Khorlin, A. F. Bochkov, and I. G. Yazlovetskii, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., 2030 (1966).Google Scholar
- 5.A. F. Bochkov, Ya. V. Voznyi, V. N. Chernetskii, V. M. Dashunin, and A. V. Rodionov, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., 420 (1975).Google Scholar
- 6.I. Ya. Slonim and A. Kh. Bulai, Uspekhi Khimii,42, 1976 (1973).Google Scholar
- 7.S. Forsen, P. J. Garegg, B. Lindberg, and E. Petterson, Acta Chem. Scand.,20, 2763 (1966).Google Scholar
- 8.J. Amesley, J. Finey, and L. Sutcliff, High-Resolution NMR Spectroscopy [Russian translation], Vol. 1, “Mir” (1968), p. 340.Google Scholar
- 9.R. J. Abraham and H. J. Bernstein, Canad. J. Chem.,39, 216 (1961).Google Scholar
- 10.K. M. Mislow, M. A. W. Glass, H. B. Hopps, E. Simon, and G. Wahl. Jr., J. Amer. Chem. Soc.,86, 1710 (1963).Google Scholar
- 11.M. Van Gorkom and C. E. Hall, Quart. Rev.,22, 14 (1968).Google Scholar
- 12.K. Mislow and M. Raban, in: Selected Problems of Stereochemistry [Russian translation], “Mir” (1970), p. 8.Google Scholar
- 13.A. Sanyal and C. B. Purres, Canad. J. Chem.,34, 426 (1956).Google Scholar
- 14.K. Heyns and D. Muller, Tetrahedron,21, 55 (1965).Google Scholar