Catalytic synthesis of optically active phenylglycine by hydrogenation of C=N bond in R-Menthyl phenylglyoxylate oxime
- 20 Downloads
A study was made of the asymmetric hydrogenation of the oxime of R-menthyl phenylglyoxylate on Pd(OH)2/C catalyst at atmospheric pressure and 25° in ethanol.
The stereodirectivity of the process changes during reaction; the possible stereochemical mechanism of the addition of hydrogen is discussed.
KeywordsHydrogenation Oxime Process Change Catalytic Synthesis Asymmetric Hydrogenation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.K. K. Babievskii and V. K. Latov, Usp. Khim.,38, 1009 (1969).Google Scholar
- 2.E. I. Klabunovskii and E. S. Levitina, ibid.,39, 2164 (1970).Google Scholar
- 3.Y. Izumi, H. Takizawa, K. Nakagawa, R. Imamura, M. Imaida, T. Nigomiga, and S. Yajima, Bull. Chem. Soc. Japan,43, 1792 (1970).Google Scholar
- 4.K. Matsumoto and K. Harada, J. Org. Chem.,31, 1956 (1966).Google Scholar
- 5.K. Harada and T. Hayakawa, Bull. Chem. Soc. Japan,37, 191 (1964).Google Scholar
- 6.T. Hayakawa and K. Harada, ibid.,38, 1354 (1965).Google Scholar
- 7.B. G. Hiskey and R. C. Northrop, J. Am. Chem. Soc.,83, 4798 (1961).Google Scholar
- 8.K. Harada and K. Matsumoto, J. Org. Chem.,32, 1794 (1967);33, 4467 (1968).Google Scholar