Investigation of the hydrogen bonding of phosphoryl compounds with chloroform by IR spectroscopy
- 33 Downloads
In phosphoryl compound + HCCl3 + CCl4 systems, hydrogen-bonding complexes form with chloroform with 1∶1 and 1 ∶ 2 compositions.
The enthalpy of formation of a hydrogen bond between a phosphoryl compound and HCCl3 has been evaluated, and it correlates linearly with the shift in the overtone in the range measured.
A linear correlation of -ΔH with the sum of the Taft constants of the substituents on the phosphorus has been found.
KeywordsHydrogen Spectroscopy Phosphorus Enthalpy Hydrogen Bond
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M. W. Hanson and J. B. Bouck, J. Amer. Chem. Soc.,79, 5631 (1957).Google Scholar
- 2.T. Gramstad and Q. Mundheim, Spectrochim. Acta,28, 1405 (1972).Google Scholar
- 3.R. R. Shagidullin, V. E. Bel'skii, L. Kh. Ashrafullina, L. A. Kudryavtseva, and B. E. Ivanov, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., 2502 (1973).Google Scholar
- 4.R. R. Shagidullin, V. E. Bel'skii, and L. Kh. Ashrafullina, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., 2034 (1974).Google Scholar
- 5.W. E. Thompson and G. C. Pimentel, Z. Electrochem.,64, 748 (1960).Google Scholar
- 6.G. R. Wiley and S. J. Miller, J. Amer. Chem. Soc.,94, 3287 (1972).Google Scholar
- 7.G. Pimentel and O. McClellan, The Hydrogen Bond, W. A. Freeman, San Francisco (1960).Google Scholar
- 8.A. P. Grinyuk, E. V. Belous, and A. D. Krysenko, Ukr. Khim. Zh.,39, 922 (1973).Google Scholar
- 9.L. Bellamy, Advances in Infrared Group Frequencies, Methuen, London (1968).Google Scholar