- 18 Downloads
The salts of all of the transition metals of periods IV and V of the periodic system are active initiators for the carbonylation of piperidine with carbon monoxide at 200–300°C and a pressure of 10 atm. The salts of Cu, Sb, Cr, Co, and Ni have the highest activity, and in their presence the yield of formylpiperidine reached 84–98% when based on amine taken for reaction.
Based on the data of the electronic spectra, a correlation was found to exist between the chemical activity of the transition metal salts and the value of the energy of electron transfer from donor to acceptor in the complex of this salt with the amine, which is characterized by the position and intensity of the absorption maximum of the charge-transfer band.
KeywordsCarbonylation Carbon Monoxide Electron Transfer High Activity Absorption Maximum
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.B. K. Nefedov, N. S. Sergeeva, and Ya. T. Éidus, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., 807 (1973).Google Scholar
- 2.B. K. Nefedov, N. S. Sergeeva, T. L. Klusova, E. F. Sevost'yanova, and Ya. T. Éidus, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., 1536 (1973).Google Scholar
- 3.B. K. Nefedov, V. A. Petukhov, and Ya. T. Éidus, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., 2705 (1973).Google Scholar
- 4.T. Saegusa, S. Kobayashi, K. Hirota, and Y. Ito, Bull. Chem. Soc. Japan,43, 2610 (1989).Google Scholar
- 5.T. Tsuda, Y. Isegawa, and T. Saegusa, J. Org. Chem.,37, 2670 (1972).Google Scholar
- 6.B. K. Nefedov, N. S. Sergeeva, and Ya. T. Éidus, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., 2718 (1973).Google Scholar
- 7.D. G. Knorre, Z. K. Maizus, and N. M. Émmanuél, Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR,101, 895 (1955); Zh. Fiz. Khim.,29, 710 (1955).Google Scholar
- 8.V. K. Tsiskovskii and N. A. Kiseleva, Zh. Prikl. Khim.,23, 1001, 1007 (1950);24, 527 (1951).Google Scholar
- 9.A. A. Grinberg, Introduction to the Chemistry of Complexes [in Russian], Khimiya, Leningrad (1971).Google Scholar
- 10.O. V. Krylov, Coordination Mechanism in Heterogeneous Catalysis, in: Complex Formation in Catalysis [in Russian], Nauka (1968), p. 141.Google Scholar
- 11.R. S. Mulliken, J. Am. Chem. Soc.,72, 600 (1950);74, 811 (1952).Google Scholar